X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoshuaB View Post
    Have spoken to Marty and he has said I'd need to go elsewhere for my setup
    I can help you with suspension set up.

I always recommend loosening and checking the front suspension after a crash. They have a tendency to twist in the triple tree and you also want to check the forks not bent.
    “How people treat you is their karma; how you respond is yours.”

Comment

Morné from RaceWorks in Joondalup is very good with suspension. He used to be a mechanic in the BSB for team running 675's.
      SP RACINGis supported by:
      MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
      Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
      Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by Stephan View Post
        Morné from RaceWorks in Joondalup is very good with suspension. He used to be a mechanic in the BSB for team running 675's.
        He's not there anymore, he has gone off playing with industrial machine set ups

Comment

Originally posted by Water pig View Post
          He's not there anymore, he has gone off playing with industrial machine set ups
          Is there anyone that is a K-Tech installer/dealer now then? In a city of almost 2 million people I'm not shipping my forks to QLD to be re-valved.
          EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.

Comment

Isn't it just a drop in/drill ports/cut springs/spacers/reset/oil change/re-install..? order maybe wrong..? On std type forks -Cartridge forks already have this .?
            " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Comment

There's no K-tec dealers in W.A. That I'm aware of. As for your version of events Gsx, you're sort of correct and totally wrong, anyway it's a mute point as it seems most people are incapable/terrified of doing even basic work on their bikes like adjusting clickers on the suspension to suit themselves. I seriously doubt they're about to pull the forks and shock and start fiddling around in there

Comment

Originally posted by ApatheticEnd View Post
                Is there anyone that is a K-Tech installer/dealer now then? In a city of almost 2 million people I'm not shipping my forks to QLD to be re-valved.
                Andy Offer of AARK Suspension and Tuning is based here in Perth (and in Melbourne). He's a K-tech dealer etc, and can do all servicing and rebuilds locally. He does all the suspension work for our team, and works with Andreani (Ohlins), K-tech & WP.
                Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

Comment

Just a question were you taking off straight or did you come around a corner?
                  Ninety nine percent of the people in this world are fools. The rest of us are in great danger of contagion.

Comment

Originally posted by xrsism View Post
                    Just a question were you taking off straight or did you come around a corner?
                    Perfectly straight road. Not a corner in sight

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BlackFZR View Post
                      Andy Offer of AARK Suspension and Tuning is based here in Perth (and in Melbourne). He's a K-tech dealer etc, and can do all servicing and rebuilds locally. He does all the suspension work for our team, and works with Andreani (Ohlins), K-tech & WP.
                      Thanks Tim. Can you shoot me Andy's number/email? Google brings me only confusion in this case.
                      EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.

Comment

After removing my steering damper, it is clear that it is not functioning correctly. It is not damping under high velocity , however is damping slightly under instantaneous bump. It is also binding under partial travel. My bike is under warranty from the dealer I got it from. What would be anyone's advice from this stage?

Comment

Talk to the dealer...then go to the bike shop with the damper and get the mechanic to give his expert opinion.

video it .. 'cause when you tell 'em the story they will deny you ever met.

the truth is I have no advice that would even vaguely assist you in what I think you'll try to do. That would be blame the damper for the crash and get them to pay for damages. amiright?
                          Last edited by GsxInShed; 07-09-2018, 07:42 AM.
                          " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Comment

Not going to try pull a sneaky on the dealer as they have been okay throughout the process so far. However if it is fair game for the dealership to have some coverage for the crash, I would like to do so respectfully

Comment

May I summarise?
                              • You bought a 10 year old bike from a dealer. I'm guessing you upgraded from the CBR500.
                              • You had it for a few weeks and landed your wheelies "softly".
                              • You had an accident "doing a small pull" on a "perfectly straight road" with "not a corner in sight".
                              • You don't want use your *cough* insurance *cough*.
                              • You have removed the steering damper from your damaged bike and suspect it is faulty.

Accurate?

You're now thinking about approaching the dealer to cover some of the costs. And you want some advice...

I have some. You're not going to like it but don't worry - it comes from someone who has learned some stuff the hard way too.

You binned your shit in a straight line mate. High speed damping issues? It was a straight. line. The steering damper was involved in the crash, same as the rest of your bike. Doesn't sound like you reported it to the dealer earlier. Doesn't sound like you have qualifications and experience in steering dampers or how they're affected in an accident. Doesn't sound like you're familiar with what a Statutory Dealers Warranty on Used Bikes covers (I'll give you a hint - it's not crashed bike components, or even non-crashed ones that function well enough).

If you really do have insurance then make a claim. Save up the excess. Get your bike fixed professionally. Anything suspect (like the damper) will be replaced by someone who knows what they're doing. That way if it happens again you won't have to ask for advice, you'll know who's to blame.

Again, sorry that you crashed and glad you're okay. It's going to be a costly mistake and hopefully one you learn from better than I did when I was 20 years younger.
                              Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
                              1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

^^^WHS^^^...Live and learn Josh.

It always could have been much worse. A good friend of mine was air lifted out of Flynn rd last Sunday after a minor dirt bike crash. He has spent the week on life support in the ICU at RPH.
                                “How people treat you is their karma; how you respond is yours.”

Comment

Working...
                                X