Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xrsism
    replied

Do you identify with any of these? Big moment for any rider really. You can see a lot of different scenarios brought it out. Wheelies and bumps the main ones however. Ive had it coming out of corners and the front skims and grips under hard acceleration. Just live n learn and thank your lucky whatever and put a notch in your belt.

Sorry to hear about your mate mr bean. Hope he makes it through alright.

Leave a comment:

• Crobbo
    replied
    Wheelies out of class.

That's a paddlin'

Leave a comment:

• TurboR1
    replied
    And incoherent rambling.

Leave a comment:

• GsxInShed
    replied
    Originally posted by pnork View Post
    Boy, If only he had thought of that in the first place..
    Thanks for your input......
    Last edited by GsxInShed; 07-09-2018, 08:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• pnork
    replied
    Originally posted by GsxInShed View Post
    Don't crash again..
    Boy, If only he had thought of that in the first place..

Leave a comment:

• GsxInShed
    replied
    Ok Same as always there are undisclosed issues here.

Do exactly what loud says.....do it now. Get that shadow to stand up and be counted. get the bike fixed with insurance. Change insurance companies as soon as you can..if possible.

Don't crash again..ever. Don't rely on your 'motorsport' buddies at work. Get some track time/training/practice, ride like your life depends on it on the road... save the shenanigans for the circuit.

Loud , you wanna proof read this and correct as reqd.?

Leave a comment:

• TurboR1
    replied
    Originally posted by JoshuaB View Post
    wreck less driving
    It certainly wasn't that.

I'd be more worried about reckless driving though.

Leave a comment:

• Loud
    replied
    If you have your R class learners permit and you were riding an R class bike, to comply with the conditions of the permit/license and to be covered by your insurance then you need to be riding with an appropriately experienced rider. So bud, were you?

That's something you and your shadow are going to have to work out. If they rode off and you tried to catch up then that's one thing. So long as they were present moments before the crash and are prepared to say that then that should cover it. I'm guessing you had to name them on the Police Report, right?

If they rode one way and you rode off in another deliberately then you're fucked and it's an expensive and time consuming lesson. And fixing the bike on the cheap is going to leave you with questions over every non-new component that you don't fully inspect.

Leave a comment:

• Loud
    replied
    If this is your PDS:

http://intermediary.qbe.com.au/conte...dition=primary

Then there is no mention of you needing a witness, only that you should record the details of any witness present.

Don't listen to whatever your mate is saying, listen to me - an expert. Open that PDS. Go to the PDS page #12 . Call FOS and make a complaint - tell them that they are refusing to process your claim due to there being no witness and state that there is no mention of this requirement in the PDS. Then call QBE Customer Care on their number (same PDS page) and tell them you've lodged a complaint with FOS. Ask that they escalate it. Tell them that their PDS doesn't state that a witness is required. Insist that they refer you to the section of the PDS for which they are currently declining your claim.

PM me if you need help. Man, I'll even make the phone call with you if you want.

Edit: Just saw you were riding out of class. Update to follow.

Leave a comment:

• JoshuaB
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
    I'm referring to asking if you couldn't claim on your insurance because you were riding out of class?
    Yeah that may be why actually. Didn't think of that. When speaking to them, I did mention that my shadow was leaving as the crash occurred , but they didn't seem to have an issue with that

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bean
    replied
    I'm referring to asking if you couldn't claim on your insurance because you were riding out of class?

The stock damper on a 675 is inadequate to rely on. The shaft can easily be bent in an accident because of where it's mounted.

Leave a comment:

• JoshuaB
    replied
    Sorry ray, there has since been a development since then. I thought I had 3rd party at the time of the crash, however found out as of Monday that I was indeed under comprehensive coverage. My dad had sorted the insurance for me and I just thought I was under 3rd party due to the amount he told me I was being charged.
    Made me happier but am now suffering with dealing with insurance

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bean
    replied
    my I insurance rejected my claim because of a 'lack of witness'.
    Come on Josh. That's not quite what you said when you came to pick up those parts from my place on Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• JoshuaB
    replied
    Originally posted by Loud View Post
    Sounds like I was wrong about the expertise with dampers [emoji14]

Now about this insurance bizzo. You're talking to an ex insurance claims manager here. Wanna tell me a bit about that issue?

I'm guessing they pointed directly to the wording in their Product Disclosure Statement where it says "accidents must have a witness in order for a claim to be paid". Right? 'Cause I'm really interested in reading that. Who is the insurer? And have you heard of the Financial Ombudsman Service?
    Yeah so at this stage, I'm with QBE and they have only said that they can't claim due to a lack of witness. My only suspicion is if they label it as a crash due to wreck less driving (however my records are clear and this is my first crash ever). A mate of mine said something similar had happened to him

Leave a comment:

• Loud
    replied
    I do believe you are right. This was the reason I asked the question here. I was not sure what the warranties were limited to. I work in a motorsport workshop and put the damper onto a quarter million dollar damper dyno, which confirmed my suspicions about the damper. The only reason I spoke about the damper was because of the lack of effect it had during a tank slapper. All work and checks being done to the bike have been done by experienced mechanics and qualified mechanical engineers. The reason I was going to the dealer is because my I insurance rejected my claim because of a 'lack of witness'. Still in the process of fighting this with them. They recommended going to the dealer which is why I made the post. I agree it was a hard learnt lesson but a lack of understanding of the parts or mechanics is simply not true
    Sounds like I was wrong about the expertise with dampers

Now about this insurance bizzo. You're talking to an ex insurance claims manager here. Wanna tell me a bit about that issue?

I'm guessing they pointed directly to the wording in their Product Disclosure Statement where it says "accidents must have a witness in order for a claim to be paid". Right? 'Cause I'm really interested in reading that. Who is the insurer? And have you heard of the Financial Ombudsman Service?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X