Replacement brake lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers [MENTION=5183]TurboR1[/MENTION]
    Any place you'd recommend for purchasing the M/Cyl ?
    Was planning on going to the 'race style' twin line setup. See that HEL do custom lengths, so I'll do as you recommend, get the M/Cyl first, then look at line lengths.

Comment

Originally posted by Water pig View Post
      Does the combined braking do something that you can't do with your hand and foot?
      Does preventing you from applying exactly how much brake you want front and rear count?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Mika79 View Post
      Cheers [MENTION=5183]TurboR1[/MENTION]
      Any place you'd recommend for purchasing the M/Cyl ?
      Was planning on going to the 'race style' twin line setup. See that HEL do custom lengths, so I'll do as you recommend, get the M/Cyl first, then look at line lengths.
      I can think of only two places these days, local is JW Motorsports and international is OmniaRacing.Net, but also a few more things of note with Brembo...

If you order a Brembo master cylinder and the bike is still to be used on the road go for a RCS as it comes with a brake switch, a lot of the other ones are purely for racing and have no provision for brake switch. Also be aware when you order one you need to make sure you order the one with the brake switch. I've always gone the RCS19.

Additionally make sure when you order it, order the reservoir with it!!! As important as making sure you use the supplied bolt as the tubing the Brembo use is different size than stock OEM Japanese.

Expect to pay between $350-$425 for the M/C and Reservoir. (but don't quote me on that price) Last time I ordered one we were at parity with the USD and I got it for $300.

I think there are newer versions now too, "Corsa" and "Corsa Corta" I'm not sure what the differences are with the original RCS range. But do some research and go with the one that best suits you. Brembo have a massive range and huge application specs (along with price). Take your time.
      Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Does the combined braking do something that you can't do with your hand and foot?
        It links the front and rear so application of the front also applies a small amount of rear and vice versa Makes it a lot more controlled in hard braking in less that ideal conditions like very wet weather
        Makes it very hard to lock a rear brake under hard braking and the bike pulls up more level than on normal braking (no endos if your into that sort of thing)

Now I know some like Turbo don't like ABS/DCBS etc but I'm not racing the bike so personally quite like the way it works and saved my arse in pissing rain where there would have been a good chance of locking one wheel or another given how late and hard I needed to brake
        #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
        Originally posted by Phildo
        Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
        Originally posted by filbert
        i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
        Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

That sounds like it would be a massive pain in the ass, what happens when you are applying trailing brakes around a corner for example, does it give you some front brake to go with it?

Comment

That sounds like it would be a massive pain in the ass, what happens when you are applying trailing brakes around a corner for example, does it give you some front brake to go with it?
            It's mostly on sport touring bikes, there's 3 pistons on each caliper, 2 operated directly 1 operated from the other end's control, so yes you get a little front brake if you're resting your foot on the brake through a corner.

Generally it's pretty stable, I have found it good on long rides when my problem right wrist won't let me get my fingers on the brake, as I can all but emergency stop on the rear brake, it pulls up quickly and level.

It's a rider aid, not really there to improve your track times or corner speeds just useful if you're grabbing a handful or bootful and want a little margin for error.
            Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
              It's mostly on sport touring bikes, there's 3 pistons on each caliper, 2 operated directly 1 operated from the other end's control, so yes you get a little front brake if you're resting your foot on the brake through a corner.

Generally it's pretty stable, I have found it good on long rides when my problem right wrist won't let me get my fingers on the brake, as I can all but emergency stop on the rear brake, it pulls up quickly and level.

It's a rider aid, not really there to improve your track times or corner speeds just useful if you're grabbing a handful or bootful and want a little margin for error.
              This ^^ I found it invaluable back about 10 years ago when I had bad problems with my right wrist/carpal tunnel and tendonitis in the back of my hand, had to wear a brace most of the time which interfered with braking and throttle to a degree but a throttle lock and the DCBS meant I could ride to/from work in Wooroloo and only really need the back brake pedal
              "IF" I needed to I could use my hand to brake but it just gave some relief while it healed especially as it was my only transport at the time
              Also yes you can "trail brake" just not as effectively as it would be on a standard brake setup
              #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
              Originally posted by Phildo
              Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
              Originally posted by filbert
              i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
              Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Working...
              X