Music whilst riding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music whilst riding

I’m heading down to Busselton on the 17th to participate in B.D.R.
    I’ve got Spotify on my phone ,is there anything can I ger that’s relatively cheap way I can listen to music.

I have a Bluetooth kit from Aldis last sale that I installed Olin a spare helmet, tested then removed because I couldn’t get it to pair with my Sena.

Ended up buying another Sena.

$50 and it’s yours

Comment

Never had much luck with music in my ears while riding, wind noise vs music. Decent soft ear plugs give me an almost silent ride, but any earphones I use can't seem to cope with air going past, so I end up cranking the volume up to drown out the wind and it's a fuckshow.

Any success stories out there or is it a pair exxy earplugs with phones built in?

Comment

I dislike wind noise with a passion and use good foam ear plugs all of the time.
        Music or someone ringing me takes my concentration of the riding.
        There are moulded plugs that you can get made in Bicton that have the speakers made in them.
        Tp.

Comment

Cheapest way is in-ear headphones connected to phone.

Comment

I use my Sena. As long as it’s not super windy I can still hear the music over that and my earplugs
            Rest in Peace

Comment

HF5 Etymotic Research https://www.etymotic.com/consumer/accessories/hf.html

I recently got my second pair of HF5's in over a decade...masive noice reduction, great quality sound(there is better out there but not at this price-point) and with some soft foam tips I can ride for a whole play-list.
              All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
              #158...RIP James Thompson

Originally posted by Ryanoceros
              Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter

Comment

Originally posted by Kristy View Post
                Cheapest way is in-ear headphones connected to phone.
                last time I tried that, it was so good it cut off nearly all sound from around me;
                which was bad, as I tend to listen to the rev of the bike on first gear... ended up stalling while stopped at a cross road and had my R6 slow fall on me.... was pretty embarrassing when a car full of people came out to help me, and I still can't hear what they were saying to me....
                "Always look at where you want to go, never at where you are afraid to go" - My riding instructor

Comment

Originally posted by okitoki View Post
                  last time I tried that, it was so good it cut off nearly all sound from around me;
                  which was bad, as I tend to listen to the rev of the bike on first gear... ended up stalling while stopped at a cross road and had my R6 slow fall on me.... was pretty embarrassing when a car full of people came out to help me, and I still can't hear what they were saying to me....
                  Disclaimer: just loud enough so it's background noise 😉 I can still hear everything 😊

Comment

Disclaimer: just loud enough so it's background noise 😉 I can still hear everything 😊
                    haha... yeah... that was my mistake....

Tried out the Sena headset (while not riding) and seems to be able to hear everything while still can hear the music... not sure how it would work on the road yet;
                    but the HJC IS17 doesnt have the ear channel on them, so it pressed on my ears too hard... while the Shoei has one that can fit in without pressure on ear/head...
                    "Always look at where you want to go, never at where you are afraid to go" - My riding instructor

Comment

That's loser talk!!!
                      You want it loud enough so you can't hear the sirens!!! lol
                      All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
                      #158...RIP James Thompson

Originally posted by Ryanoceros
                      Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter

Comment

My first (working) setup involved buying a normal pair of on ear headphones with cups around the same size as the spacing in my helmet, then just breaking them off the headband and double sided taping them into my helmet.
                        I did try ebay in helmet speakers before that but one speaker broke after the second ride, and they also sounded trash.

Comment

Originally posted by okitoki View Post
                          Tried out the Sena headset (while not riding) and seems to be able to hear everything while still can hear the music... not sure how it would work on the road yet;
                          but the HJC IS17 doesnt have the ear channel on them, so it pressed on my ears too hard... while the Shoei has one that can fit in without pressure on ear/head...
                          I have Sena SMH-10's in my helmet and the one my missus wears so we can talk when out riding and receive the occasional phone call
                          With my moulded plugs they are just loud enough for intercom work at over 100kmh but listening to music I can turn the volume up higher so no issues there but I rarely listen to music anyway My first OGK didn't have room for the speakers so was a bit of a mission to cut and fit them behind the cushioning but the current one is good

Before I got the moulded plugs I tried off the shelf foam plugs and found they cut off too much sound overall so gave up on them
                          #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                          Originally posted by Phildo
                          Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                          Originally posted by filbert
                          i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                          Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

You wanna listen to music while riding? Get a Ducati.
                            -

Comment

Thank you,Crew,for all the output,there’s is one thing I didn’t consider,that’s emergency services.
                              I’ve done a few trips/riding to the south west now ,unfortunately I have to take forest hwy this time,Driving it bad enough.
                              I where ear plugs that also use for surfing,I’m sure that motorcyclist suffer (swimmer/surfers ear) as the cold wind forces the outer ear to grow bone to protect the interior ear canal, I’m also lead to believe truckie’s are very vulnerable.
                              I’d have to side with most posts, that over 110 kms ,Coms are pretty much done.
                              I did have a funny thought, if I brought the bike in inside the lounge room put it on a dino,with the full outfit in front the tv a watched the MotoGP an let rip.i don’t think Coms be much help.lol.
                              Well I dare say some fof you ,possibly already have. Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                              X