Music whilst riding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chuck Steak View Post
    You've got a fucking death wish if you want to listen to music while you're riding....
    I used to think like this too, even though I was riding with ear plugs in.

However, since getting Shoei Neotec2 with the integrated Sena and FM radio and trying it .. I don't think having music on makes a huge difference.

For me, with the foam ear plugs in and volume up its not loud, but is surprisingly clear background music.

Having a bluetooth phone conversation is distracting to riding, but I don't find background music makes a lot of difference.

YMMV and I'm not talk about full on doof doof music as I am old fart

Comment

Originally posted by =Maz= View Post
      If you think that rattle is music you might need to change your medication or your taste in music.
      I can both hear and feel what's happening with the bike while my music is playing...and I can pull the clutch lever in without the world thinking the bike is going to fall apart at the lights.
      Eh? The sound of ally on ergal is like birdsong in the morning.

Comment

You've got a fucking death wish if you want to listen to music while you're riding....
        If you say it's a bad thing to do...i know I'm into a winner, I'll keep dodging death with tunes in my ear, you buy whatever bike you want(& even ones you don't want).

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by slowpoke View Post
        Eh? The sound of ally on ergal is like birdsong in the morning.
        Yes... Annoying when you're trying to sleep in. Lol
        All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
        #158...RIP James Thompson

Originally posted by Ryanoceros
        Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter

Comment

tried out the Earmold with the Sena this morning, and have to say the wind noise is definately down and my right ear not ringing from the exhaust.
          At low speed of around 60-80kph, I can still hear the pop cast easily at mid volume, but once I get to 110, the wind noise (more a slight rumble instead of the high pitch noise) seems to drown out the voices from the speaker

Can still hear traffic around me without issue which is a big plus.
          "Always look at where you want to go, never at where you are afraid to go" - My riding instructor

Comment

After a good year or two of using a Sena SMH10 and yelling over wind noise I removed the mic entirely. Chat can be useful but I find it incredibly hard to chat at 90+ kph over the wind noise and hearing it over my earbuds (flare isolate - yes they're excellent, good question). Also I find talk can be distracting from the ride at hand. Conversely I find that music KEEPS me focussed on the ride. And after a ~$10 ebay battery swap the SMH10 is better than new, at least as far as battery life is concerned.
            Originally posted by boeman
            Well it wouldn't have been fair to have a beard, a hot young missus AND a nice bike, now would it?

I mean fuck, im not a selfish cunt.
            Originally posted by Chuck Steak
            Well fuck off then. And wherever you decide to fuck off to, keep telling them Perth is a shithole - it may help minimise the number of fuckwits/arseholes (can’t decide which word is more appropriate ) that move here.

Comment

has anyone tried those new earbud samsung things? wondering if they'll fit in ears under a helmet comfortably, and how much noise they block out (will be used on track)
              fuckers at shop won't let me put into my ear to try... and they damn expensive to roll dice on

apparently they can just sit next the the phone and recharge themselves off phone battery wirelessly which i reckon will be helpful

these:

Comment

Agreed, but if you do listen to music while riding you can be a legend like me.

Etymotic ER-6i, used them for about ten years now. Take a while to get the hang of not pushing them in too far as they mute then. After I got them I turned the ipod (yes, ipod) down to half volume. Buying an Arai lid helped even more.

Nothing quite like pulling into a town with QOTSA banging away or splitting cars on the rear wheel out of a dual roundabout with the starting riff of Black Dog playing. Mind you Ms Chew banned my music around town with her on the back after that last effort.
                They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Shabadoo View Post
                  has anyone tried those new earbud samsung things? wondering if they'll fit in ears under a helmet comfortably, and how much noise they block out (will be used on track)
                  fuckers at shop won't let me put into my ear to try... and they damn expensive to roll dice on

apparently they can just sit next the the phone and recharge themselves off phone battery wirelessly which i reckon will be helpful

these:
                  You could always buy them and ride home using them and if they don't work return them as being "unfit for purpose" under consumer law
                  #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                  Originally posted by Phildo
                  Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                  Originally posted by filbert
                  i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                  Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

these:
                    I got a set of these when i pre-ordered my phone, when my helmet is on they are fine and comfortable. Hardest part is keeping them in your ears when you put your helmet on and off, they normally just fall onto the ground when you take your helmet off.

Comment

Yeah that's the bit I want to avoid. Can get some custom mould stuff but liked the features of the buds

Comment

Originally posted by agrid View Post
                        You wanna listen to music while riding? Get a Ducati.
                        On a trip to Busselton??
                        What will he listen to when it breaks down? Maybe the tilt tray truck will have some tunes for the rest of the journey...

Comment

these:
                          do you own a samsung? i don't want headphones stealing my battery fucking thing can not even last a day lol

S9 worst phone ive ever had for battery life but best phone ive ever had because its not a iphone

Comment

Working...
                          X