Alpinestars 2019 Gloves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpinestars 2019 Gloves

I need some new gloves. I'm bloody picky about gloves and I want a pair of 2019 A*s GP Pro R3. I didn't like the previous version very much (R2). I'm a fan of buying local but the new ones that have been available in the US for a while now aren't stocked in Aus yet. I emailed the importer (Monza) and they don't even have an ETA for them yet.

Any recommendation on where to buy from O/S? Exchange sucks atm so I'll probably pay more than if I got them here but I've got no idea how long that will take.
    EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.

monza have dropped the ball big time, they have lost a huge chunk of there brands to other wholesalers & i would not be surprised if they lose alpinestars & fox in the near future & close up completely. shit if i had enough warehouse space it would be something to consider. also the capital on a first order would be astronomical.. the deepest of pockets

good luck finding some, but it will prob have to be over seas. try NZ maybe

did someone say kangaroo leather !?! (ive been waiting for any kangaroo reference haha)
    GP Pro R3
    Features:

Mix of cow and goat leather with kangaroo leather on the palm

Last edited by Hillz; 22-03-2019, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Careful buying overseas A* gloves. The sizing is all over the place. I am usually an XL and I bought XXL from cullys which were snug and it still takes me 20 seconds to put each glove on after 4 months

Comment

Originally posted by dwillia View Post
        Careful buying overseas A* gloves. The sizing is all over the place. I am usually an XL and I bought XXL from cullys which were snug and it still takes me 20 seconds to put each glove on after 4 months
        I'd say it's not just the sizing all over the place, i'd say there's also a lot of imitation A* shit out there.

I gave up buying A* gloves entirely (i never bought top end A* though) because the QC/possibly imitation crap on the market is just so variable.

For the money, i think Dainese are way better, dunno if you've tried their high end gloves but if you didn't like the recent A*, i'd certainly look Dainese's way.
        “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

FC-Moto.de or Motoin.de for A*
          Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
            I'd say it's not just the sizing all over the place, i'd say there's also a lot of imitation A* shit out there.

I gave up buying A* gloves entirely (i never bought top end A* though) because the QC/possibly imitation crap on the market is just so variable.

For the money, i think Dainese are way better, dunno if you've tried their high end gloves but if you didn't like the recent A*, i'd certainly look Dainese's way.
            I've tried everything and I keep going back to the high end of the Alpinestars range (GP Pro/GP Tech/Supertech). They just have all of the features that I think are important. PU sliders in the cuff and at at the base of the palm, thinner goat or kangaroo palms, and bridged 3rd and 4th finger. The sizing thing isn't usually too much of an issue because I don't buy them online if I can help it. There sizing is a bit all over the shop (last years GP Pro R2 runs at least a full size smaller than the previous model, which apparently they've fixed with the R3). In Australia at least, they are a good balance of price/features I find too. Unless you have to buy online from a US dealer which is my current conundrum.
            EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post

I like the gloves but if I was ordering from OS I would never have chosen XXL (that are still too tight)

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=ApatheticEnd;3412574 bridged 3rd and 4th finger. [/QUOTE]

assume thats to stop lil pinky snapping off? I cut mine - hated it

Comment

Originally posted by dwillia View Post

assume thats to stop lil pinky snapping off? I cut mine - hated it
                Yes. I’ve broken both of mine before and not keen to do it again. I two finger clutch and brake so I don’t even notice it.

Comment

I have tried a few brands and have some input that might be of interest.

When I went to Europe I purchased a set of A* GP2 these lasted quite a while and I was happy with the fit, feel and resilience of the gloves...I was actually quite impressed with them although it was a bit tedious getting them on sometimes.

Ixon RS HP Pro were next on my list, purchased locally and I was just as impressed with these. The fit was slightly wider across the bulky part of my hand but they did take a while to get on. They proved just as resilient(if not more so) as the A*'s and are still my spare track gloves in my gear bag.

Furygan are what I am currently using, also locally sourced and these are the best I have tried so far. External stitching on the fingers means there is less bulk internally and better feel through the glove. Easier to put on than the other two brands with better fastening system at the gauntlet.
                  If I was buying again today this is where I would start.
                  All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
                  #158...RIP James Thompson

Originally posted by Ryanoceros
                  Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=24680]=Maz=[/MENTION] Where did you get FURYGAN gear locally? I've never seen it in the shops here. The importer is in Belmont but that's all I can find.

Comment

Monza is now saying June. I'm not sure if it's Alpinestars or them causing the delay buy I just can't wait that long. They've been available in the US and Europe since mid March. Global economy my ass.

Comment

$200+USD??

Fark

Revzilla let me choose Australia if I go to check-out... am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by ApatheticEnd View Post
                          Thanks [MENTION=24680]=Maz=[/MENTION] Where did you get FURYGAN gear locally? I've never seen it in the shops here. The importer is in Belmont but that's all I can find.
                          I got mine through MDH Tuning but any local shop that you have dealings with can get them for you.

The problem is that there is little trade in shops at the moment in this state and no shop is going to invest in a new product line in the current climate...hence you wont see them in the shop.
                          Well worth finding IMHO though...they are a cut above the rest.
                          All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
                          #158...RIP James Thompson

Originally posted by Ryanoceros
                          Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter

Comment

Originally posted by INTJ View Post
                            $200+USD??

Fark

Revzilla let me choose Australia if I go to check-out... am I missing something?
                            You mean the shit exchange rate, GST on all imports, and absurd shipping rates because UPS thinks Australia is on Mars? Revzilla's shipping rates aren't good and the exchange is a killer ATM. $259USD +shipping from Revzilla means they are nearly $400 landed and GST paid. I always buy gloves on the high end of the price spectrum for my own reasons. You can certainly get a good protective glove for much less but I'm choosy about gear.

The gloves I want are $259USD. The previous model was $279USD and Australian RRP is $318AUD. That means we actually get a really good price once current exchange is factored in. The issue is that they won't be available in Aus until at least June.

Comment

Paying that sort of money maybe Held have something.

https://heldaustralia.com.au/shop/gl...ns-gloves.html

I have a pair of the Air Dry. Excellent gloves. Tested last September on an east coast ride where 3 days were 80% rain.
                              The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.

Comment

Working...
                              X