Alpinestars 2019 Gloves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by =Maz= View Post
    Furygan are what I am currently using, also locally sourced and these are the best I have tried so far. External stitching on the fingers means there is less bulk internally and better feel through the glove. Easier to put on than the other two brands with better fastening system at the gauntlet.
    If I was buying again today this is where I would start.
    I forgot to mention...I got these for quite a bit under $300.
    All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
    #158...RIP James Thompson

Originally posted by Ryanoceros
    Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter

Comment

Originally posted by ApatheticEnd View Post
      You mean the shit exchange rate, GST on all imports, and absurd shipping rates because UPS thinks Australia is on Mars? Revzilla's shipping rates aren't good and the exchange is a killer ATM. $259USD +shipping from Revzilla means they are nearly $400 landed and GST paid. I always buy gloves on the high end of the price spectrum for my own reasons. You can certainly get a good protective glove for much less but I'm choosy about gear.

The gloves I want are $259USD. The previous model was $279USD and Australian RRP is $318AUD. That means we actually get a really good price once current exchange is factored in. The issue is that they won't be available in Aus until at least June.
      I C, so the issue isn't availability, it's getting it for the aussie RRP

Comment

This is the Glove I'd be looking for https://www.furygan.com/en-GB/Produc...2113&cat=19380
        https://www.furygan.com/iso_datasour...14_pdfen_0.pdf
        https://www.furygan.com/en-GB/iso_al...rt_english.pdf
        https://furygan.com.au/shop/gloves/fit-r-zarco/ buy online here in Australia.
        https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf...7970911=Racing or FC MOTO
        All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
        #158...RIP James Thompson

Originally posted by Ryanoceros
        Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter

Comment

Originally posted by INTJ View Post
          I C, so the issue isn't availability, it's getting it for the aussie RRP
          The issue is that I would prefer to buy them from my local shop that employs people and helps me out when I need them to. But they are hamstrung by the importer. If I am going to buy from o/s I don't much want to pay >$80 over RRP no. I found a solution but yeah thanks tips.

I ordered from Demon Tweaks form anyone who is interested. They had the best shipped price. Hopefully I get what I'm after.
          EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.

Comment

Originally posted by ApatheticEnd View Post
            I always buy gloves on the high end of the price spectrum for my own reasons. You can certainly get a good protective glove for much less but I'm choosy about gear.

The gloves I want are $259USD. The previous model was $279USD and Australian RRP is $318AUD. That means we actually get a really good price once current exchange is factored in. The issue is that they won't be available in Aus until at least June.
            That's actually a lot cheaper than i thought high end A* were locally.

I need some decent gloves myself, might look into them locally. I agree, i'm fussy with gloves myself. Reasons being

* they're your interface with the primay controls of the bike. if they're shit that experience is shit
            * i need my hands to work. broken leg? no worries. broken arm? not great but can deal. mashed up/missing/busted hands/fingers? i can't do my job.
            “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
              That's actually a lot cheaper than i thought high end A* were locally.

I need some decent gloves myself, might look into them locally. I agree, i'm fussy with gloves myself. Reasons being

* they're your interface with the primay controls of the bike. if they're shit that experience is shit
              * i need my hands to work. broken leg? no worries. broken arm? not great but can deal. mashed up/missing/busted hands/fingers? i can't do my job.
              Top of the range Supertech is well over $400 but IMHO isn’t a better glove than the GP Pro.
              EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.

Comment

Working...
              X