Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• taking oil touring

I use 20w-50 to lube my chain, and I use this oil can at home:

But it's huge and messy when I take it in a saddlebag. Any suggestions for taking a bit of 20w-50 touring for doing the chain?
    Originally posted by devolved
    I just crashed into a schoolbus full of kiddies, killed them all, raped them, set them on fire and now I'm pissing on their charred remains.

Put the oil in an empty and obviously lol wash sauce squeeze bottle
    Born to ride forced to work

Comment

Originally posted by CbrRider81 View Post
      Put the oil in an empty and obviously lol wash sauce squeeze bottle
      And put that in a big ziplock bag or two.
      The older I get, the faster I was.
      2015 S1000XR
      2014 VStrom DL650

Comment

Or this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pale_Blue_Dot

Comment

Get a Scott Oiler or make your own similar method and cable tie it somewhere on your frame
          FarRider # 159,

Comment

As above;

https://www.scottoiler.com/product/s...ersal-edition/

Or build one yourself.
            Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

I've got CLS

Comment

WD40 in a small can. It doesn't get much easier

As a recent convert to WD after more than 30years of silly chain lubes I can only recommend that u give it a crack and stop wasting ur time!

Comment

Originally posted by Papajero View Post
                  WD40 in a small can. It doesn't get much easier

As a recent convert to WD after more than 30years of silly chain lubes I can only recommend that u give it a crack and stop wasting ur time!
                  he said Touring not running down to the shops
                  FarRider # 159,

Comment

Touring....at the end of the day, spend 5 mins going over the bike [ oil/coolant/tyres and so-on ], including giving the nice warm chain a spray of your favourite WHATEVER. I prefer a small can of chain-lube, pick your own poison.

Bike all good to go first up, and a decent spray on the chain the night before will see you through the day.

Clean bike when you get home.

Comment

who needs chain lube.. ( i still havevt washed it since this leak lol)

but really unless your doing over 10k at a time a before & after would be fine

Comment

how many k's touring or more importantly roughly how much oil will be needed over the entire time? perhaps a liquid syringe, or as mentioned a small sauce bottle, maybe even if you have some of those mini shampoo bottles like from hotels? any of those should hold it fine in the relative short term.
                        Originally posted by boeman
                        Well it wouldn't have been fair to have a beard, a hot young missus AND a nice bike, now would it?

I mean fuck, im not a selfish cunt.
                        Originally posted by Chuck Steak
                        Well fuck off then. And wherever you decide to fuck off to, keep telling them Perth is a shithole - it may help minimise the number of fuckwits/arseholes (can’t decide which word is more appropriate ) that move here.

Comment

Sauce bottle and syringe might be goers, will give them a go. Sottoilers are great but a bit $$$ for me.

Originally posted by frenchie View Post
                          how many k's touring or more importantly roughly how much oil will be needed over the entire time?
                          About 1500k away from home, I like to do 500k intervals on the chain as the oil does fling off faster than store bought chain lube. Thanks for suggestions.
                          Originally posted by devolved
                          I just crashed into a schoolbus full of kiddies, killed them all, raped them, set them on fire and now I'm pissing on their charred remains.

Comment

Originally posted by gus96 View Post
                            Get a Scott Oiler or make your own similar method and cable tie it somewhere on your frame
                            This ^^ 100% If you are doing lots of km's then a SO or similar can't be beat I've been using one for years and apart from the odd oil spot on the driveway it's been awesome
                            If you really want cheap and easy then as has been suggested a syringe in a plastic bag would do, you can also get something like this vv

#1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                            Originally posted by Phildo
                            Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                            Originally posted by filbert
                            i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                            Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by gus96 View Post
                              he said Touring not running down to the shops
                              I got about 65,000 km plus out of a chain with WD40 in 3 years. Chain did about 77,000, but the first 12 were with lube.

A single can, i'm pretty sure too.

By the time i got > 25,000 km i usually get with lube i got real slack with applying it.

Unlike lube, its a lot easier to clean off the wheels, too.
                              “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Working...
                              X