Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 07 Speed Triple Speedo issue

How are we.

Recently me and a friend changed the chain and sprockets along with the rear spring. since them my speedo hasn't worked, its also dropped out the odometer which doesn't count and the low level fuel light on the dash doesn't work.
    Revs, warnings and all other functions work.
    Engine code was p0500 which is speed sensor.
    We checked all the wiring and it is fine according to the triumph manual.
    I have also replaced the sensor with an working second hand unit but still the same issue.
    I'm wondering if anyones encountered this problem before or may have an idea as to where to look for a solution.
    I will be trying another sensor from a friends bike when I'm home but for now I'm just wanting some ideas.

thanks

Originally posted by Marti View Post
    How are we.

Recently me and a friend changed the chain and sprockets along with the rear spring. since them my speedo hasn't worked, its also dropped out the odometer which doesn't count and the low level fuel light on the dash doesn't work.
    Revs, warnings and all other functions work.
    Engine code was p0500 which is speed sensor.
    We checked all the wiring and it is fine according to the triumph manual.
    I have also replaced the sensor with an working second hand unit but still the same issue.
    I'm wondering if anyones encountered this problem before or may have an idea as to where to look for a solution.
    I will be trying another sensor from a friends bike when I'm home but for now I'm just wanting some ideas.

thanks
    Well the sensor plug is usually in the loom somewhere on top of the gearbox so maybe you've accidentally dislodged a plug or something?
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Originally posted by Phildo
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Originally posted by filbert
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Sounds like you have knocked a ground wire off. I'd be looking for one around the front sprocket cover or at the top of the shock

Comment

check all plugs. also if you removed the dash check that plug too. last year when i replaced my screen i had to remove the dash cluster. put it back in but failed to properly seat the plug so everything worked but as it vibrated loose started doing some funky shit while riding.

ive also had the speedo pickup wire crush up near gear selector so would cut in and out randomly.
        Originally posted by Paraletic
        little end bearing. best describes as the sound of 'A little black man with a hammer in your engine'. big end sounds like a bigger black man...

Comment

All grounds and plugs are good, we followed the triumph diagnosis procedure and all was good. we have checked the plug behind the dash and that was fine also

Comment

Working...
          X