Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cable clutch adjustment.. (Specifically K1/2 Gix 1ks')

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cable clutch adjustment.. (Specifically K1/2 Gix 1ks')

Heyas,

Having not adjusted my clutch cable in yonks my clutch started to feel spongy, clutch point was getting ever closer to the full extension of lever etc. So I dug out my mechanical ref manual and adjusted the clutch as per instructions..

Poblem solved and clutch felt new again.. BUT I do have a couple of questions for the more mechanically minded then my pleb self

After popping off the rubber clutch screw cover I found that the whole screw/bolt was quite loose even when tightened, probably about 1.5-2mm travel (moving up/down/sides) maybe a little less. Now I am wondering whether there should be any movement in that bolt? Is it possibly signs of other wear or servicing needed?

Also when tightening the nut i didn't get to a point where i could not longer tighten without applying significant force (just kept turning with medium resistance). I didn't want to "force" anything as I remember reading Campo's unlucky clutch story so just wanted to know what kind of resistance I should be aiming for... Or is it just meant to “slip” that way?

Anyway thanks for any input
    Will you insure me?!
Working...
X