This aint to do with bikes but it pisses me off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This aint to do with bikes but it pisses me off

My car, a dodgy toyota corona has a problem, 1stly its a car and not a bike. 2ndly it does this wierd jerking movement when i get into higher gears, but then happens in lower gears afterwards too. people have suggested many things from farked thrust bearings to crappy jets in the carbs, i have no idea what is causing it and wondered if anyone here would know? the problem is intermitent and is very frustrating, although gonzo found it quite amusing when it happened, any ideas appreciated
    I was raised on the Dairy....Bitch

have a looksy at the dizzy..maybe move it a little

Comment

I was gonna suggest the dizzy too, might need to clean the points, they get coroded (spelt?) after a few years, maybe you have a splash of water in there or something too
      mmmmm sacrilicious

Comment

check the plug leads,plugs,points,distibuter cap ( the poles inside get corroded) and the rotor arm.

Try starting the engine up when in a really dark area like in a garage at night with the lights off sounds daft :?: you may be able to see arking on the plug leads or somewhere arround there, if you can then this could be the problem...

Fuel !! is it full of shit ? have you cleaned out the carb ?

Does it backfire or just loose power ??

If all else fails --- torch it

Comment

hahaha, thanks guys, ill check it out.

its funny u say that gordo coz i was thinkin the same thing - torch the bastard

Comment

The problem has been solvered - it was a fucking pressure valve near the petrol tank that was stuffing up and causing the problem as well as a dodgy petrol cap. thanks anyway to those who suggested possible reasons ans solutions

Comment

Working...
            X