Relocator plate on 01 R6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relocator plate on 01 R6

I know this will prob be a longshot.. but has any done this mod to suit their oggies? i bought oggies about a yr ago and havent bothered puttin em on the 6 as i fear they will do more harm than good.. and theres no way im holesawing through the faring. So ive come up with this option that could possibly be the best way..
    basically I just want use some high tenstile steel that will allow me to relocate my oggies into the gap in the faring..
    what i want to know is if ne1 has attempted this b4 and maybe has some pointers, angles or templates they used in designing thiers...
    cheers
    [-Sm0Ke-]
    "Did you ever blow bubbles as a kid? Well he's back in town and wants your number"

just holesaw the farings..

it's not that hard.

Because you've bought them, and not installed them, you're probably at a higher risk of dropping your bike, coz that shit always happens

Comment

I've heard nothing but bad things about using brackets to mount oggies in order to avoid cutting fairings.

If you holesaw your fairing, you can use a rubber window trim to dress up the edges of the hole, make it look professional.
      If you can... you MUST!

Comment

yeh i know the it aint that hard to cut the fairings but as i stated earlier im not willing to take that path, I cant c how a relocator plate that is anchored at two points would be a bad thing? maybe u can fill me in on the negative things u've heard klink?
        "Did you ever blow bubbles as a kid? Well he's back in town and wants your number"

Comment

Pussy

Comment

Smoke,
            This is for 03 R6, but you should ask them if they can make them for 01
            at least the pics should give you some ideas if you're gonna make them yourself

http://www.satoracing.com/r603frameslider.htm

Comment

cheers zip, been to their site and sent them an email but it seems as they dont do the 01's and arent to willing to divulge measurements for their gear... oh well farings are off now, time to get physical

Comment

Working...
              X