Oil and Filter Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil and Filter Recommendations

Looking for a bit of guidance for the best oil, and oil filter for my 1997 CBR900RR. Also, wheres the best place to buy this stuff, or are all suppliers much of a muchness.

Cheers guys

go see Causeway Honda...tell em Perth Extreme sent ya

go synthetic

Comment

Oils

Geek,

I used to have the same bike as you. After 10,000kms I switched to Mobil 4T (Fully Synthetic) and had no problems.

Damn I miss that bike.

We sell 4T at the shop. Come down for a chat.

Comment

I most certainly will. Shall come down sometime this week, or at the latest, Saturday. Who do I ask for?

Cheers

Comment

Name

Chook,

Comment

Always just used Castrol Activ4T, and non genuine oil filters. Change both oil and filter every 4000 to 5000 kilometres. Not real keen on full synthetic oil cost. Off road 4 stroke bikes, ridden in sand and dust, change oil and filter at every change at 400-500 kilometres.
            Increasing my carbon footprint - one 500 @ a time...

Comment

Always just used Castrol Activ4T, and non genuine oil filters. Change both oil and filter every 4000 to 5000 kilometres. Not real keen on full synthetic oil cost. Off road 4 stroke bikes, ridden in sand and dust, change oil and filter at every change at 400-500 kilometres.
              How come you change oil that frequently? Every 400-500km sounds a little strange, given that oil actually needs time to "work"...

Comment

When its air cooled 4 stroke used in the sand in bikes like XR600's, that oil is finished after 400-500 kms. Sorry I didn't mention the air cooled bit.

Shit, I do the gearbox oil in the CR after 200 kays, or 3 rides. Use semi synthetic for that 1 though.
                Increasing my carbon footprint - one 500 @ a time...

Comment

When its air cooled 4 stroke used in the sand in bikes like XR600's, that oil is finished after 400-500 kms. Sorry I didn't mention the air cooled bit.

Shit, I do the gearbox oil in the CR after 200 kays, or 3 rides. Use semi synthetic for that 1 though.
                  Ahh okay, sorry, I didn't realise it was air-cooled. How come you do the gearbox oil in the CR so often? They get really really hot? I know nothin' about dirt-bikes, so bear with me!

Comment

Working...
                  X