Tyre pressures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre pressures

I gotta admit im not the brightest when it comes to setting a bike up.

I have a '89 TZR 250 which i like to ride fairly hard. What would be an ideal tire pressure?

Also any ideas why one of the previous owners would have put spacers under the handles? Seems to have the bike lowered on the front end? Is it bad to take them out... :oops:

Cheers for any help,

Mark
    The circus is calling...

Re: Tyre pressures

I have a '89 TZR 250 which i like to ride fairly hard. What would be an ideal tire pressure?
    Also any ideas why one of the previous owners would have put spacers under the handles? Seems to have the bike lowered on the front end? Is it bad to take them out...  :oops:  
    Ideal tyre pressures will depend entirely on how you want the bike to feel so only you can work that out through trial and error.
    Start with the recommended pressures. If you want to mess further then you could try reducing them a couple of psi and see how you like it but on the road you probably won't want much less than around 32-34 cold. For the track it'll depend on your tyre compounds but you could possibly go down a few psi on that.
    I don't understand what you mean by spacers under the handlebars. It sounds like you mean the triple clamps have been dropped down the fork tubes?
    This would be done to speed up the steering but I'm not very familiar with TZR's so have no idea if it's a good thing or not. I doubt it would do any harm to raise the clamps again but be careful going lower as the guard or tyre might get very close to the header pipes and fairing under hard braking.

Comment

cheers for the reply.

I checked my tires, i had a new rear and was on about 20!! :oops: And the front was a little soft too. Both are on 34 now and a lot better handling.

As for the spacers, you are right, it was to bring the wheel in a bit to speed up the steering. Whether it was stock or aftermarket they couldnt tell me.

Markito
      The circus is calling...

Comment

Working...
      X