X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! me bike is fuked!

ahhhh!

Help!

when i take off in first gear with modrate acceleration theres an awful *klunk* like the bike temporarly jumps out of gear but then it goes straight back in. eeeeeek!

it only happens in first gear.

sounds bad!

any ideas people.

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

damn....sounds nasty!!

take it into causeway honda for a look right now man (well....when they open anyhow) get to look at her..... give me a yell if u need it trailered.. good luck :?

Comment

hahaha. that'll teach ya for payin out on the allmighty R1! j/j nah i'm not sure, is it just as u let the clutch out or like mid gear? either way it's definately not healthy and should be looked at straight away

Comment

damn....sounds nasty!!

take it into causeway honda for a look right now man (well....when they open anyhow) get to look at her..... give me a yell if u need it trailered.. good luck :?
        Yeah, never heard of that one mate. Get it looked at ASAP.

Comment

youve been tryng to pop monnnos havnt you?thats usually the case.snapping the clutch in first gear or just giving it a hard time in first ,or maybe the .........spring like on the R1 BITCHS has broken.sounds expensive. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Comment

Hmm, am I gonna get lynched for reccomending a place other than Causeway Honda? :oops:

If not...... *tip-toe*

Graham at Causeway Yamaha used to own a TRX850 and has been really helpful when I've been there for servicing/bits/tyre-kicking.

I've only had mine for a month and the service guys (Peter & ...) did a really good job on it.

...... but if not go see the guys at Causeway Honda.
            sigpic

Comment

1 tooth missing off my front sprocket and a chain thats as loose as pamela anderson.

the chain was fine before the country run on sunday, but maby i didnt do everthing up tight enough. anyway, after 600kms it was soo loose that the chain was popping over the teeth (or missing tooth) on the front sprocket. i dont know if the missing tooth is the cause or effect, but id say effect. :oops:

fuk im st00pid. but also relieved. i spent all last inght abou thinking about how much it would cost is it were the gearbox. alleast ist only a chain and sprocket set to fix, which i new i needed anyway.

the power of my tractor must just be too much for the chain to handle

(\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(")

Comment

Glad to hear you've found the prob - and not too costly...

I check mine every day - the amount of riding I do, my chains don't last that long... 8)
                Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

Comment

- and not too costly...  
                  hmmm thats what i thought, untill i just got off the phone again.

aparetnyl my bike can only run a 525 chain which cannont be altered. how much u rekon the only 525 chain they can get will cost?

:twisted:

+65 for rear sprocket
                  +35 for front
                  +labour
                  =$$
                  place you bids peoples! how much you rekon all up

(\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(")

Comment

$150-$200 for the chain??

$300 all up.. :?
                    Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

Comment

try $275 for chain

$435 all up.

dammit and i had that money saved for thoee oxtar boots :cry:

(\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(")

Comment

- and not too costly...  
                        hmmm thats what i thought, untill i just got off the phone again.

aparetnyl my bike can only run a 525 chain which cannont be altered. how much u rekon the only 525 chain they can get will cost?

:twisted:

+65 for rear sprocket
                        +35 for front
                        +labour
                        =$$
                        place you bids peoples! how much you rekon all up
                        You considered putting a slightly smaller sprocket on the front?

Graham was reccomending it to me, saying that it'll make it a lot more fun to ride. But you lose about 10km/hr off the top speed.
                        sigpic

Comment

Shit bad luck, luck its not gearbox related or it would be double that easy.
                          I just found out I cannot get replacement lens for my bike so looking at paying $180 for headlights all over again.
                          Will you insure me?!

Comment

try $275 for chain
                            $275 for the chain? :shock: damn.

Comment

few!

a slight over quote on the chain.

it was $164

$331.05 all up

(\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(")