• Show
Clear All

• The Tank Slapper! - Fueltank Scratch Protection

DETAILS
    Price: $15.95(USD)

Shipping: $6.95(USD)
    If you can... you MUST!

tank slapper

Only negative is that the 3M tends to go a bit yellow after a while if left in direct sun.

Comment

Re: tank slapper

Only negative is that the 3M tends to go a bit yellow after a while if left in direct sun.
      Interesting point... i'll keep everyone posted as to how mine fairs in the sun.
      If you can... you MUST!

Comment

if you are doing any track stuff or wear leathers i'd put the ones on the inside of the tank as well. my girlfriends cbr6rr has had some of the paint worn off in that area from the leathers rubbing against it whilst hanging off. too late now i guess...

Comment

i'm just ordering mine now, like right now. i'm definately puting the side bits on cos on my old R1 there are a few little scuff patches where dirt has got caught down the inside of my leg and then rubbed a patch over the 3hr ride from home to perth *curse you road trains!

Comment

damit. ok new question, whats the difference between the tankslapper and the 3M? apart from price cos i can't tell the dif

Comment

damit. ok new question, whats the difference between the tankslapper and the 3M? apart from price cos i can't tell the dif
              I was sure that the tankslapper was 3M... but now I look at it... it appears as tho the headlight protectors are 3M, I dont know who makes the tankslapper plastic now... *scratches head*
              If you can... you MUST!

Comment

it confused the shit outa me cos i was just about to order it and i noticed that there was the tankslapper tank protectors and the 3M tank protectors, the 3M are slightly more expensive

Comment

I cant vouch for the 3m tank protectors... but the tankslappers are great. Gonzo the muppet saw mine the other night... and he goes "It really is quite invisible!"

Anyhow, all I can do is educate you on certain aspects. You'll need to do a bit of research yourselves.
                  If you can... you MUST!

Comment

"It really is quite invisible!" :!:

Comment

ok but seriously.... a few of us were standing around Klink's bike and it took me ages to even notice it.... and thats only coz i knew it was there!! :shock:

Looks good.... but if i stick anything to my bike it will add the the weight and drag my amazing performance down.... every little counts

Comment

Looks good.... but if i stick anything to my bike it will add the the weight and drag my amazing performance down.... every little counts
                        because you haven't got much?
                        Gankaz DaOgre

Gallery

Comment

hehehe yeah... thanks mate....

Comment

tankslapper

Here is one I came across. Im thinking about getting some in for a look.
                            www.imperialarmor.com

Comment

A quick update:

My tankslapper is still going strong. Hasnt peeled, discoloured or done anything it wasnt supposed to.

I just realised the otherday that one of the rubber covers on the buttons of my jacket has worn thru. If I didnt have the tankslapper, I dare say id have a scratched up tank-spine right now.
                              If you can... you MUST!

Comment

Working...
                              X