ZX-2R Accelerator Cable...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZX-2R Accelerator Cable...

Not being a Bike Technamikle I thought I may ask some people that are.

While riding to work this morning my accelerator cable decided to disconnect itself. What I am wondering is it a simple case of trying to get the cable back or do I have to pay a proper Bike Technamikle to do it for me?
    "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins (The Fellowship of the Ring: J.R.R. Tolkien)

I'm not familiar with the ZX2 specifically but I'd expect it would be a fairly simple fix.
    Probably have to lift the tank and maybe the airbox. The cable then simply runs from the twist-grip to the carbies.
    If the cable has broken or frayed you'll have to replace it. If it's simply come undone somehow then you'll have to determine what caused it and repair that instead.
    If you're not at all mechanically minded it might be worth having it done by a mechanic. If you have to remove the tank you need to be careful with the fuel for obvious safety reasons. Make absolutely certain the cable isn't getting caught anywhere and the throttle returns freely and be sure the idle doesn't change when you turn the bars lock to lock before you ride it.

Comment

While I am mechanically minded, I think I will get a mechanic to do it. I just haven't the time to play around with it. Plus I can just see myself getting into trouble here. I don't particularly like flammable liquids :shock:
      "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins (The Fellowship of the Ring: J.R.R. Tolkien)

Comment

Elorian , R u sure it didnt snap?
        very rare that they disconnect themselves unless it wasnt put in correctly in the first place PM me if u need a hand

Comment

yeah it did snap, was kinda hard to see at 5:00 in the morning :oops:

Comment

chances r it would of been adjusted incorrectly for it 2 snap

Comment

Working...
            X