rebuilding steering dampners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rebuilding steering dampners

I noticed when I got back from the country run on Saturday, there was oil residue on chromed bar that moves through the dampener...

I assume that this means that an 'o' ring or two need replacing, so my question is...

Is it sumfink I can do? - or should I get a shop to fix it / replace it?
    Wot oil should I use (fork oil?) - I dunno the weight either...
    Would any 'o' ring be suitable (assuming same dimentions as the ones that come out)

It's got a 'sprint' brand sticker on it.

Thanks
    Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

i wouldnt mess with it.take it to dynotime(94095633) or call russell and see if its repairable.it should be as i,ve got the same brand and have been told that they are repairable.if theres only a faint oil mark,leave it as mine has done it once before and is still fine,no leaks at all.

Comment

Just a heads-up, for those with OEM - that is, a generic unit that's made by your bike manufacturer - dampers, they are typically not rebuildable and you'll end up needing to get an aftermarket one.

Brands like Sprint, HyperPro and Ohlins are all rebuildable I believe.

Comment

Just a heads-up, for those with OEM - that is, a generic unit that's made by your bike manufacturer - dampers, they are typically not rebuildable and you'll end up needing to get an aftermarket one.

i have a 748 and the damper is stuffed and been told that its definately not servicable :roll: havnt looked into it yet but by the looks of it i think they right :cry:

Comment

i have a 748 and the damper is stuffed and been told that its definately not servicable :roll: havnt looked into it yet but by the looks of it i think they right :cry:
          I can sell you a brand new Ohlins damper to fit a 748 if you want.. even comes with a Harris mount to suit a Ducati! Still have the box it came in, manual, receipt etc. PM me if you wish... but yes, you're right, the Ducati ones aren't servicable. Probably why DucatiPerformance Ohlins dampers to suit are $1000!

Comment

Working...
          X