Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Security ??? What works, what doesn't ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security ??? What works, what doesn't ???

Just curious as to what you guys like to use for locking ya bikes up ??? besides a garage built like fort knox.....disc locks ?? chains ??
    "Continuous effort--not strength or intelligence--is the key to unlocking our potential." - W. Churchill

Hey there spun!

Well, I use a Kryptonite disc lock on my BlackBird, not all the time though, only at places which don't seem too trustworthy... if that makes sense?
    Like today, I parked further from work, so I put it on...

Comment

Oh yeah and if you do get one, best get the springy cable thingy also, which goes in the lock and on the bars, so when you come back to your bike, you don't forget and take off, causing damage to you and your bike!

Comment

I was lookin at those....lol I wanna chrome one......they look puuurrrrrrttttyyy..haha
        "Continuous effort--not strength or intelligence--is the key to unlocking our potential." - W. Churchill

Comment

I use a lock with a cable so I can tie it to a pole or what ever is around and not moving...

Cool for tieing two bikes together when a mate comes with ya.

My previous 9R had a disc lock but it didn't stop em, they just pulled up next to it, lifted it onto the back of a truck/ute? and drove off - no one saw nothing either...B-(

The cops found it 6 weeks later in Northam, but the insurance wrote it off. I like chaining my bike to imovable objects now...b-)
          Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

Comment

I looked at the chrome disc locks, but decided on a fluro one... reason being is that it is more visable, so people notice it...
            I thought it better that way? But, that's just me...

Comment

1) Kryptonite Stronghold wall plate. Hilti drilled and Dynabolted to a prefabricated structural concrete wall.

2) Kryponite Armoured Lock.

3) CCTV

4) Frabrique De Army Pietro Beretta 9mm.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

Deej!
                You forgot option 5.
                AH-64-Apache

Comment

That's a pretty fucking cool picture.
                  Whoever is unjust, let him be unjust still

Whoever is righteous, let him be righteous still

Whoever is filthy... let him be filthy still

Comment

I was lookin at those....lol I wanna chrome one......they look puuurrrrrrttttyyy..haha
                    I have that very lock.

I also bought the8$ fluro orange coil to go from the lock to the bars, so I and others see it.
                    Whoever is unjust, let him be unjust still

Whoever is righteous, let him be righteous still

Whoever is filthy... let him be filthy still

Comment

As I don't have a lock, I like to hide in the bushes and when someone walks close.. jump out and go "RAAAAR!".. but that's just me
                      Right now Im having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think Ive forgotten this before.

Comment

Oxford linkchain and padlock $49 from Causway Kawasaki. It's chunky as fuck, but still fits under the pillion seat of the SV.
                        :-)

Comment

I met a guy (Harley rider...) who swears that NOTHING beats an under fed Rotty tied to the chassis...

Ofcourse, finding one that's on YOUR side is always an issue I spose... (The rotty, not the harley rider...)
                          Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

Comment

so what does everyone think works better ?
                            the disc lock thingy ? or a chain n pad lock ? id like to carry around something thats fairly small so it can go into my backpack or can be stored on my bike..any ideas ?

Comment

I highly recommend a Sonar alarm. I have one on the SP-1 and no one's going to take off with it when she's armed!!

Comment

Working...
                              X