Bike Batteries...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike Batteries...

I need a new battery and was wondering where would be the best/cheapest place to buy a new one?

I have a ZX-2R btw (if that makes a difference).

Thanks in advance
    "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins (The Fellowship of the Ring: J.R.R. Tolkien)

Causeway Honda will be able to supply you with one, Don't know how much it'll cost. Do the phone arround try Battery world Joondalup or Tyres for Bikes or Total M/C accessories both in Vic Park

Causeway Honda 9361 6677
    Total M/C accessories 9472 3030
    Tyres for Bikes - dunno off hand !

Comment

Whats wrog with your exisiting battery? No point buying a new one unless the fins inside them are wavey. My battery died on me last week because there was no acid in them. I topped it up with distilled water and charged it over night with a battery charger. Works like new.

Went to Causeway and asked and they wanted 80 or so bucks. Also they sell them flat so you needed to charge them anyway.

Whats the point, use your old one. (if you can)

Comment

two wheel wreckers in oz park r good battery for mine is $55 can put it in and drive off if charging system ok on bike.

i find them consistantly cheaper and that is for tyres too i saved 80 bucks
        when i went down the road to them from frobisher when i got front and rear 4 weeks ago. same tyres quoted at 4 places
        A site all parents should check regulary
        http://www.mako.org.au/temp_a.html

(+)

Comment

batty

me mates dad iwns b attery world.... u still need one?

Comment

yeah i will still be needing one...

the battery is old and the filaments are a little dodgy, so i don't want it to fail on when i am in the middle of nowhere.
            "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins (The Fellowship of the Ring: J.R.R. Tolkien)

Comment

batty as

finding out now - btw any car batteries i get even cheaper through work...

Comment

two wheel wreckers in oz park r good battery for mine is $55 can put it in and drive off if charging system ok on bike.
                I thought with bikes there is no alternator to charge the battery like in cars. Hmm...

Comment

I thought with bikes there is no alternator to charge the battery like in cars. Hmm...
                  I've had a flat once on the bike (levels were low), got a jump start and it charged itself up no worries. :?

Comment

i am not very mechanical on bikes but there must be something built in to charge the battery as on bikes like mine i cant even turn the headlight off the battery would go flat over a 4 hour ride... then add brake lights and indicators that use the most power

(+)

Comment

when all else fails pull out the workshop manual. page 145 checking the alternator...

yep mine has one........YIPPEEE

(+)

Comment

don't replace your battery until you have it load tested and the charging circuit tested. most bike shops have a load tester as do battery shops and auto sparkys.
                        You can please some of the people all the time.
                        All the people some of the time.
                        But you can't please all the people all the time.

Comment

when all else fails pull out the workshop manual. page 145 checking the alternator...

yep mine has one........YIPPEEE

Hey Craig

Is that an online manual (PDF) or photocopy manual?
                          I want to get my hands on one.

Comment

Okay just to bring an old thread back to the top...no not really..

What is the best battery you can buy, currently I have one of those sealed no servicing ones, which is a great idea, used to hate the fact my old one in the Katana would get cooked in the heat and dry out.

So who can suggest a brand etc of the best battery we have available?

Feed 'em to the pigs, Errol....

Comment

i find them consistantly cheaper and that is for tyres too i saved 80 bucks
                              two wheels wreckers...cheaper...theres something you dont hear every day. unless it's seperated by "I can get it somewhere else"
                              lol

I'll be going for a sealed unit (drycell) battery for mine next, just so I can mount it however it fits.
                              not sure about brands of batteries for bikes, but I've used exide in my car, and I now have a century in there. the exide was great.
                              check out battery world (i think) on the corner of tate st and sevenoaks st in welshpool. nice blokes down there.
                              No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

Working...
                              X