Help.....please.... :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help.....please.... :(

Ummm my bike wont start.....now taking my general lack of knowledge when it comes to cars and bikes....methinks the battery is fucked......but only last week (Thursday) it started fine with no problems.........why is it fuckin up now ???? it seems to get some juice back into it then slowly lack anything resembling power.
    "Continuous effort--not strength or intelligence--is the key to unlocking our potential." - W. Churchill

it's the battery
    Right now Im having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think Ive forgotten this before.

Comment

Re: Help.....please....

[quote]

Yep... Sounds like the battery son...

Dees cold mornings a battery not like...
      Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

Comment

Roll start it.

Big hill.

Even ChunkFuck roll started.

Comment

yep sounds like the battery is stuffed , new one should cost arround $50 - $70 ,easy to install just be carefull with the + (red)positive and -- (black)negative.

Push start on a hill as Pac said just to prove the battery is stuffed , but it still might not start if the battery is totally dead ,ie, light dont come on !!!

Be very carefull if pushing on your own , it is very easy to lose balance whilst jumping on !!!!!

Comment

As I'm a complete idiot can someone please explain to me how to roll start.......I've never done it :oops: I sound like a complete fuckin idiot
            "Continuous effort--not strength or intelligence--is the key to unlocking our potential." - W. Churchill

Comment

if its a 2fiffy or something small. switch ignition key to on put it in first gear hold in the clutch. sit on bike push your self along. release clutch engine should turn over and fire if it does fire pull the clutch back in and give it some gas to get it warmed up.

make sure you have your weight in the seat when u release the clutch so u have enouth traction to turn the engine over.

just like push starting a car.

Comment

Try getting your battery tested before buying a new one, just in case that isn't the issue... Shouldn't cost anything...

Comment

if its a 2fiffy or something small. switch ignition key to on put it in first gear hold in the clutch. sit on bike push your self along. release clutch engine should turn over and fire if it does fire pull the clutch back in and give it some gas to get it warmed up.  

make sure you have your weight in the seat when u release the clutch so u have enouth traction to turn the engine over.  

Try second gear, turns motor over more times per wheel revolution.

Also, make sure you have your thum kill swith in the RUN position. Silly comment, but how many times have i seen it!

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

Yeh, sounds like battery!!! <---- me trying to be funny!

:-)

Comment

forgoeing any technamickal knowledge i may or may not possess ill just leave u with this.

shoulda bought a honda !

(haha sorry nicko.. i know u love ur bike more than life itself)

Comment

yeah thx J......always count on you to make me feel better......

Comment

Hey guys,
                          If you can, charge the battery, can be done with car charger 12 volt of course assuming it's a 12 volt system, make sure amperage of charger is not too high between 1 and 3 amps should be ok, charge to full charge n check voltage in battery, should be around 13 volts(more preferably 13.5) then leave the battery for about a day and should hold the charge, if not then battery is cactus.
                          If the battery holds charge but on attempting to start it does the same, re check voltage and if it has dropped dramatically the battery more than likely has a dead cell or two and is still cactus.
                          Bit of messing around but can save buying a new one if not needed.
                          P.S.you should remove caps from battery when charging to release gases and then leave to settle for about half an hour before starting as not to ignite any gases which may still be emitted. You can charge sealed batteries, need to check electrolyte levels in both cases and check battery after couple of minutes for excessive heat, if it is hot stop charging.
                          Some help I hope.

Comment

Maybe a bit late and obvious, but have you tried Jump Starting it?! Chuck it on the car while It's running and that also will prove if it's the battery. I actually used this method to recharge my 250 battery once when I left the light on.. Only took a bit, not messy or anything and it works!

2c
                            Reporting LIVE from Scotland!

Comment

Try second gear, turns motor over more times per wheel revolution.

Also, make sure you have your thum kill swith in the RUN position. Silly comment, but how many times have i seen it!

nah turns it over less, but if you got a big heavy high compression sports bike it makes it easier to push start. your back wheel is more likely to just lock up due to engine compression in 1st than in 2nd......

but 2nd gear is better than first anyway, which is what u were sayin in the first place..

Comment

Working...
                              X