No announcement yet.

mods for my VTR250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's pretty schmick now mate, well done - hope you're happy.

Now all you need is another litre in the engine
    "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

rudleo spotted me the other day at uwa, but i didnt know it was him- woulda checked out the bike if i had
      If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Bike looks great. Love the flat bars - in hindsight I wish I'd put flat bars on mine, not so much for looks (although it looks a heap better with the flat) but for riding. Compared to your bars, mine look like they've come off a Virago. No use doing flat bars now as I'll be upgrading soon.

Anyway, great job. Have you still got it or have you sold?

Comment

he sold it to me. it's a lot different now take a look at this thread

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...-vtr250-56324/

welcome btw.

Comment

Cheers Blackman. Congrat's. Looks bloody nice.

Comment

farkin sweeeet vtr, if i had to ride a 250 this would be it. tho im not a fan of the headlights i think the fz1 light would look better but thats just my oppinion
              IM ALWAYS ON THE EDGE, ITS ONLY THE SHARPNESS THAT VARYS

Comment

Originally posted by MattyA View Post
                i think the fz1 light would look better but thats just my oppinion
                trust me...rudleo thought about it! even thought about a brutale light!

but at the price the dealers want, makes more sense to just get dual street fighter ones. Even finding a good condition one at the wreckers was close to impossible

Comment

thats a real nice bike dude

just wondering what you did to the rear brake light, it looks like the rear was patched up?

i assume theres a fair bit of space from taking out the original brake light..

Comment

hey where did you get your seat cowl i have a vtr my self and dont know where to find one

cheers
                    Last edited by dez; 24-10-2009, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MUGEN1 View Post
                      thats a real nice bike dude

just wondering what you did to the rear brake light, it looks like the rear was patched up?

i assume theres a fair bit of space from taking out the original brake light..
                      the bike was sold on to 'the blackman' on this forum a while ago now..

the brake light was bought from austreetfighters.. i used some plastic from the original fender when i hacksawed it off to patch up the space left from the original brake light..

Originally posted by dez View Post
                      hey where did you get your seat cowl i have a vtr my self and dont know where to find one

cheers
                      seat cover was from metzi

Comment

Originally posted by blacky View Post
                        he sold it to me. it's a lot different now take a look at this thread

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...-vtr250-56324/

welcome btw.
                        i cannot access the link can anyone help im dying to see this VTR

Comment

His link is to an old for sale thread that no longer exists...

Comment

you can have a look here. I may be selling it soon.

Perth Street Bikes - CND Garage

Comment

Hi, Great bike...

Looking to mod my partners vtr 250...

Can't find any reference on this thread as to where the Bars and bar end mirrors came from. Wondering if you or the previous owner can remember? The mirrors look as tho they've got billet arms? Whats the reach to the bars like- my partners a bit of a shorty!

Cheers

Comment

bars were from steve (rated r) he runs a shop on ebay under the same name.. he's also on this forum.. maybe send him a message and he might be able to sort you out with something..

barend mirrors are from austreetfighters (ausfr.com.au)

Comment

Working...
                                X