kwaka 636 strange noises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kwaka 636 strange noises

I recently had my 636 in for its 6000Km service.

Just before i put it in it devoloped a noisy tick which i was later told is just tapped noise and isnt really anthing to worry about. the mechanic could fix it but id have to pay AUS $260 for him to visit the top end. He also told me it wont do any harm and if i can put up with the noise theyll sort it out as part of the 12000Km service.

Does this sound right? they do apparently have noisey engines...

Secondly, i recieved my bike back and the day after the service ive now got a whine which comes on when you let out the clutch,it does the following:[list]seems to be clutch related[*]makes the whineing noise and gets louder as RPM/Speed increases[*]the engine does not make the noise while stationary and being revved[*]as im rolling along if i pull the clutch in the noise will stop but if i let it engage a little you can hear it start pull it in it stops, let it out a little and you can hear it spin up [*]the only recent change was the switch to full synthetic during the service[list]
    Any ideas? Its driving me mad!

Re: kwaka 636 strange noises

Take it back and ask them :?:
    I did that once after got it back from a service. They were good about it, had a look and fixed the prob there and then. Hmm, but also been stuffed around too :roll:
    If only the young knew; If only the old could

Comment

the ticking noise is probably a loose cam chain, but dont worry too much, the tensioner will automatically click over and tighten it up a bit. Its loose enougth to be noisy, but not enought for the retchet to click over to the next position.

Well thats the deal with ticking noise on my bike anyway.

Dunno about the clutch

(\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(")

Comment

when i bought my r6 with 700km's on the clock it had the same ticking noise that you describe.

i know 2 other people with r6's and they hear the same noise, and one of them is a mechanic.

he fiddled with the tappets and it made no difference, he has put it down to 600's having a noisier engine.

personally i dont think it is anything to worry about.

Comment

don't worry mate. it's most likely just the cam chain with a little bit of flap, like TRX said. both R1's have made that noise too. dunno bout the whine though, just take it back and ask

Comment

turn ur stereo up louder to block out the noise
            Love
            Nick :twisted:

Comment

i agree nick

Comment

as has been said before the ticking noise could be either, the valve adjustment being slightly out but not enough to warrant adjusting because on most bikes this is done by inserting or removing shims and at the early stages of wear one size might be too much or as also said it could be the timming chain loosening off a little either way no big deal as Nick said turn the stereo up....

The clutch whine might and probably is due to the synthetic oil quitening all the other moving parts down therefor allowing you to hear the clutch friction ( always happened but you just couldnt hear it )
                But still it's worth getting that checked next time your passing the shop.

Comment

The clutch whine might and probably is due to the synthetic oil quitening all the other moving parts down therefor allowing you to hear the clutch friction ( always happened but you just couldnt hear it )  
                  But still it's worth getting that checked next time your passing the shop.
                  This happened to me as well when I switched over to Synthetic. If it aint broke don't fix it.
                  You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

im on a twin, so it always sounds sweet :shock: :roll:

Comment

could be the shims getting tight, zx6r's inc 636 carbed and injected seem to suffer from getting tight clearnaces very early on in their life.

if it starts to back fire , i'd blame the shims

Comment

If you're getting a ticking/clicking sound from the right side of the bike just under the fuel tank, then it could be your auto cam chain tensioner. Just replace it with a manual cct.

Comment

I think you are a bit too late...the thread was from 2004...
                          SP RACINGis supported by:
                          MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
                          Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
                          Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Comment

lol yeah know, but I got bored last night and just thought I should start getting my posts up.

Comment

Working...
                            X