Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shudder in front when braking

Just wondering what i can do?
    Heres the story: bout a month ago i did my fork seals in. and got a bit of oil on my disks. Replaced my seals, wiped off all of the oil (or so i thought). Since then i have had slippage in one spot on my front disks and under high speed braking. oh shit does it do the nerves in.

I know one of my options is skimming the disks to get rid of the glazing that has occurred. but being a poor student i cant afford it, are there any other ways to get rid of the problem?!?

cheers all!
    Quote Originally Posted by GsxInShed
    So it seems there IS a command file code in windows/microsoft updater that pings small lines of to-fro data.. like a cookie to allow/refresh 'critical updates'
    It also serves as a portal for clever code writers to embed 'dormant till pinged'.....ransomware...I love tech....amidointhisrite..?

Fess up who hacked GSX's account? This post was perfectly readable in every way

have you wiped down your brake pads? I'm not very technically inclined when it comes to bikes, but I would think maybe there is some residual oil on the pads causing extra slippage?
    Right now Im having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think Ive forgotten this before.

Comment

try wiping the disks with a really strong solvent like meths or similar ( a few times ) and as Chookie said there will now be some shit on your pads too, Ideally change them but you could try cleaning them too.

Have the fork seals been repaired properly ?? Cause if the wrong grade or level of oil was put in this can affect your mechincal grip too...

Some bikes also have to have the caliperwheel aligned with feeler gauges so that the gap between the caliper and disk is correct.

Comment

I used "Brake and Parts Cleaner"from my dad's work on my brakes. It is used to clean the brakes on Elevators. Have had no trouble with them at all. Maybe you could try sourcing some from the store... It's in a gold can, fairly generic product.

my 2c,
        bman
        Reporting LIVE from Scotland!

Comment

when i bought my bike, it had oil all over the front pads and discs. i bought a can of brake cleaner (CRC brand) and gave them a good clean. i then replaced the pads, and gave the discs a bit of a rub with wet and dry (perpendicular to the rotation of he discs....) just to help clean the discs and run the pads in.
          work like a damn charm!
          could also mean you have warped discs or are in need of new pads.
          you should always be a bit gentle at first with new pads, to prevent them glazing.
          perhaps also give them a bit of a rub with some wet n dry
          No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

Re: Shudder in front when braking

Just wondering what i can do?
            Heres the story: bout a month ago i did my fork seals in. and got a bit of oil on my disks. Replaced my seals, wiped off all of the oil (or so i thought). Since then i have had slippage in one spot on my front disks and under high speed braking. oh shit does it do the nerves in.

I know one of my options is skimming the disks to get rid of the glazing that has occurred. but being a poor student i cant afford it, are there any other ways to get rid of the problem?!?
            Man.. thats wierd u say that. Since o came off iv had the same problem..
            But its not till the bike is just about to stop.. then it shudders? I wondered if it was like damp pads or somthing.. The bike still stops, just a strange shudder at the end of the braking.
            Love
            Nick :twisted:

Comment

Nick is it possible that one of your disks might have contacted the ground ?? If so then maybe it has got a slight run out in it.

Comment

Nick is it possible that one of your disks might have contacted the ground ?? If so then maybe it has got a slight run out in it.

is that goin to cost me ?
                Love
                Nick :twisted:

Comment

if the disk is bent then yes, you can replace it or have it repressed.
                  Or live with the judder untill you sell it to some unsuspecting pom

Comment

Cheers guys, sorry bout the late reply, but i'll give it a try and see how it goes.
                    Quote Originally Posted by GsxInShed
                    So it seems there IS a command file code in windows/microsoft updater that pings small lines of to-fro data.. like a cookie to allow/refresh 'critical updates'
                    It also serves as a portal for clever code writers to embed 'dormant till pinged'.....ransomware...I love tech....amidointhisrite..?

Fess up who hacked GSX's account? This post was perfectly readable in every way

Comment

Working...
                    X