tuning speedo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tuning speedo?

Hey guys i just bought an NSR250 and it seems that my speedo is ~ 10kms slower than the actual speed i'm going!

does any1 know how to fix it?

Cheers
    RiDe HaRd n RiDe FaSt Or DoN't RiDe At AlL!!!

I dunno wat i'm doing >_<

Ride faster :twisted:
    ~10kms out... I'm sure that reading will differ the faster/slower you go
    Right now Im having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think Ive forgotten this before.

Comment

Chookie is right... if its not accurate... the accuracy will vary throughout the speed range.
      If you can... you MUST!

Comment

put the original sprockets back on it
        Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

NSRs runs off the front wheel and not off the gearbox doesnt it?
          If you can... you MUST!

Comment

you could try fitting a digital speedo for a push bike. About $20 - $30.

Comment

you could try fitting a digital speedo for a push bike. About $20 - $30.
              I had one from Dick Smith on a previous bike, was accurate to about ~120kph... then it got confused...

Ya gotta fit the magnet/sensor as close to the axle as possible... 8)
              Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

Comment

thanks for the quicko response boiz!

but i'm one of those noob bike illiterate bastards... i took if for a service n da guy said i needed to change the rear sprocket to a size bigger??

I thought there was some way to fine tune the speedo sensor? coz me n my friend was cruizing n doing 60 while my speedo said 50 :shock:

Also recently one of my spark plugs died on me n i replaced it wif a hotter sparky. Now the 2 cylinders sound out of sync.. The cylinder wif the original spark plug sounds pretty smooth while the other has a stronger but slower burst. Will this damage my bike??

I talked to a guy n he said i needed a hotter spark plug.. so should i change the other spark plug too or change my new one bak to the original??

thanks

Comment

I would talk to a Honda place asap about the spark plugs. If you run the wrong grade of plug you could damage your engine either buy overheating the piston and melting it or overheating and seizing the piston/s. either way very costly to repair.

Comment

hhrmm even if it's only 1 grade up from the original spark plugs?

Comment

dude... what gordo said. the guys at causeway honda or prestige honda will be able to tell u what plugs u should be using and what damage the wrong plugs can cause. they the eggspirts go see dem.

I'm the noob you all pwn!

Comment

Colonial Klink is right NSRs runs off the front wheel and not the gearbox.. so changing the sprockets whouldn't make any difference ??

Comment

i dunno if he can help but there was a guy that did car speedo's called autotronics.. dunno if he does bikes but he mite be worth a look
                          Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

i dunno if he can help but there was a guy that did car speedo's called autotronics.. dunno if he does bikes but he mite be worth a look
                            Would be interesting, though annoying to have it re-done everytime you change your sprocket sizes
                            The digital bike speedo sounds like a good idea - well until the state speed limit - not that anyone here would go over it, would they?

Comment

eh well i was hoping to have a crack at it myself.. just seeing if any1 had any advice

Comment

Working...
                              X