PCIII's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCIII's

I've heard rumours a PCIII can be hooked onto some 2000 ZX-12R's, the bike dyno'd in and it will then hold the mapping. I'm hesitant to buy a new PCIII at $500+ if I only need it for 30 minutes on the dyno - as the page for selling/wanted is locked I'm chasing anyone who is selling one or willing to lend one to me for a day if it's true mine will hold the map.

The map is stored on the PCIII. When you unplug the PCIII your bike returns to the stock map. Some people are able to reprogram the map in your stock ECU, however it makes it harder to return to a stock map.
    If you can... you MUST!

Comment

Sorry Mix, its not how it works.

There are two ways to remap your bike:

1) Modern Fuel injected bikes can have their onboard OEM (Factory) engine management computer remaped on the dyno with a dyno operator who owns what is commonly referred to as the “Black Box” or Yoshi Box. This box will allow the dyno operator to remap the computer 1/3, 1/3, 1/3, meaning to say that he can re map the amount of fuel your bike is needing in the bottom one third of the rev range, the middle third of the rev range and the top third of the rev range only.

The advantages of this is that it is cheep. The disadvantages you can never really get the remapping of your bike perfect unless you can address the whole of the rev range and the whole of the throttle position.

2) You buy a PCIII as you mentioned or a Yoshi EMS (for Zookies). What this will do will allow every 500 rpm of the rev range and every few % of your throttle position to add or subtract fuel as required. So lets say the dyno guy works out that you need 2 percent more fuel going to your bike at 50% throttle at 6,000 RPM, he can do this on a laptop or desktop (even you can do it) in a program that works a lot like a spreadsheet. This allows the dyno operator to tune in with more accuracy for the entire rev range of the bike, BUT, all this unit does is tell your engines management computer lies so that it thinks it needs more or less fuel at certain points. By this what I am trying to point out is that when you take the unit off or uninstall from the bike, your mapping will go back to normal. Your bikes computer will not learn anything from the PCIII.

Method 1 above your bike can be put back to normal if at any time you need to but you need to use the Black Box again to do it.

The short answer to your question is your bike will definalty not learn anything from the PCIII. When you take it off it is just like it was befor putting it on. Anyone who tells you otherwise is a putz.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

Doh! Beaten by the Klinky

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

Well he is sinister and a schemer
          Right now Im having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think Ive forgotten this before.

Comment

if you havent already done so check the power commander web site ..it shows exactly which box goes with which bike and has a number of downloadable maps.
            Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

There's a few places I know where you can get PCIIIs a fair bit cheaper than $500. Usually around $300-$350. Not sure if they've got ones for the ZX12 in stock but if you're interested give me a yell and I'll ask some questions. You can modify other units to fit, but the warranty won't be honored.

Poofters.

Comment

Cheers DC - no harm in asking if they have any for a 12 available

Comment

Working...
                X