Ratios for new sprocket combinations.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ratios for new sprocket combinations.

Here's a useful little cheat-sheet for anyone who wants to keep track of any speed, rpm and distance variances after changing to non-stock sprockets.

http://www.geocities.com/shogunmedia/sproc...conversions.xls

The other way to go about this little problem is to visit www.speedohealer.com

They sell a product called speedo healer, funny enough, which is installed between your speedo sensor and speedo and recalculates the correct speed, distances etc.

The company is based in Hungry and are worth about AU$140 shipped to Australia. I have one on my SP1 and it works a treat as was not very hard to install or set-up. The site has an online calculator to work out the appropriate settings with instruction to correct the speedo error.

One tip if using this calculator, it is easier to just apply the current speedo reading against the correct speedo reading (bike or car with standard setup driving alongside you down the freeway) to get the appropriate figure to apply to the speedo healer.

Good Luckl
    Quote: "What do i like about the GP?......The Crumpet I S&#39;pose" <span style="font-family:Times">The Late Barry Sheene &#39;01</span>

Comment

The other way to go about this little problem is to visit www.speedohealer.com  

They sell a product called speedo healer, funny enough, which is installed between your speedo sensor and speedo and recalculates the correct speed, distances etc.

The company is based in Hungry and are worth about AU$140 shipped to Australia.  I have one on my SP1 and it works a treat as was not very hard to install or set-up.  The site has an online calculator to work out the appropriate settings with instruction to correct the speedo error.

One tip if using this calculator, it is easier to just apply the current speedo reading against the correct speedo reading (bike or car with standard setup driving alongside you down the freeway) to get the appropriate figure to apply to the speedo healer.

Good Luckl
      Have got one of these things as well, I used the speedo/odo method for adjusting the correction, hav'nt had it verified yet. Not many cars are that correct either. 8)

Comment

my bike runs a front wheel speedo pickup, so it's not an issue!
        theres a few of these programs around. i have one that is designed to take into account air temp, wind resistance, rider weight and position etc, to work out acceleration times and top speed etc.
        No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

SpeedoHealer is a cool little unit. I'm surprised nobody out here really carries them in stock, considering our love of speed cameras out here.

The sheet is more for checking out the variance before you purchase anything.

As for accuracy, when i had my zx7r with it's "99.2% accurate recalibrated" Speedo I got booked for doing 102km in a 70 zone on Leech Hwy. Shows what a bullshit job the calibration was, because I was going a lot faster than that.

Comment

Working...
          X