BIKE BANDIT - Security System Part 2 “The Track n Bash"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIKE BANDIT - Security System Part 2 “The Track n Bash"

The objective in Part two of the Bike Bandit report was to simulate the theft of a bike fitted with a Bike Bandit unit, then, using the position coordinates given by the Bike Bandit, hopefully track the resting place and attend the scene to recover said motorbike.

As mentioned in Part 1 of the Bike Bandit report, a bike bandits position is tracked accurately by a built in GPS receiver which then in turn transmits its position via a mobile phone sim card located in the Bike Bandit which dials your personal mobile phone by way of a sexy female voice or an SMS that informs you (amongst other things) of the bikes position down to mins and seconds (four decimal places) of Latitudinal and Longitudinal coordinates.

Using this information there are of course many ways you can track a bike fitted with the Bike Bandit unit. The most inexpensive way would be to buy a large map of the Metro area and regional WA that contains Latitudinal and Longitudinal lines. Depending on the scale of this map you could narrow its location down to under 50 metres. Another way would be to use a computer with Streetsmart or a similar detailed street map package, enter the coordinates into the computerized mapping system and end up with a dot on a street on a map that you could then relay to the police in the hope that they would do some Policing (novel thought I know) and attend the scene to locate your bike.

However, PSB want to do this the right way or not at all. It was our goal to be self contained, be mobile and be able to act fast. It was also the intention to be in a position to respond in the absence of Police assistance because as anyone who has been a victim of a crime knows…….. your $19,000 motorbike is not their priority. Writing you a $50 speeding ticket and half price donuts is. But I digress. To achieve these goals, we formed what is affectionately known as - ‘The Track n Bash Pack”.

NOTE: The report above contains a picture of toy firearms just for dramatic effect. Naturally it is against the law in Australia to use any H Class toy for anything other than Licensed Playgroup Activities which do not include capping motorcycle thieves in the forehead. Unfortunately.

<span style=\'color:red\'>This report and photographs are copyright by PerthStreetBikes. Any reproduction without express permission is prohibited. If you would like permission, please email [email protected]. Permission will not be unreasonably withheld.
    Da di da di daaa Inspector Gadget....

that's awesome. the only put off is the $2300 set-up cost.

now i know why people were looking for handheld GPS units. did you hold off on the guy who 'stole' the bike? or did you belt him anyway coz he was pretending to be a thief?

Comment

:twisted:

What Jarrid said: "AWESOME!"

Excellent review guys!

Can I place an order for the "PSB Track 'n' Bash pack"?
      sigpic

Comment

Awesome informative write-up, thanks, I have posted this up in OCAU.MC forum as well, I think I will be looking at saving up for one of these systems......
        The nature of Monkey was irrepressible...........

Comment

Can I place an order for the \"PSB Track 'n' Bash pack\"?
          Would that be with our without the optional Fabbrica d'Armi Pietro Beretta?

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

G'Day guys. Its your forum contact at Ashley Electrical, Richard. If there are any questions to do with BikeBANDIT that can't be answered here feal free to contact me with a PM. Great write up guys, you have done the BikeBANDIT PROUD!!!!!!!! :shock:
            IT WASN&#39;T THE WHEELIE, IT WAS THE HARD BLACK STUFF THAT DID IT.........and then........

Comment

could inspector gadget please advise what the cylume sticks are for.

one thought could be to shove up the theives arse so you know which end to kick in the dark ie the head

ps i think the kit should have options as in a Para instead of Beretta
              A site all parents should check regulary
              http://www.mako.org.au/temp_a.html

(+)

Comment

Damn, that's pretty cool.

So have you tried out the remote immobilisation and the horn/lights goodies yet?

Comment

Yes the remote immobilisation works well. I myself have not tested it, however it works upon the same principles as your regular immobilisers. Either isolating the engine electrically or by starving of fuel.
                  If you can... you MUST!

Comment

i think the kit should have options as in a Para instead of Beretta  
                    Only thing Canadian Guns should be used for is shooting bears.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

Excellent write up guys.
                      Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

i think the kit should have options as in a Para instead of Beretta  
                        Only thing Canadian Guns should be used for is shooting bears.
                        HOLY CRAP!!! I didnt even think about protection from BEARS!

*Sets bear traps up around bike*
                        If you can... you MUST!

Comment

awsome write up, i did research the ezitrack a couple of years ago and would recomend it to any and ALL people looking for an outstanding alarm and tracking device. ashley electrical are a great team and are happy to deal with anyone interested.

recently doing my licence and buying a bike. Also new to PSP, top job guys n girls, put me on the market for insurance (TOO expensive) which sent me searching through my draws looking for that brochure i KNOW i kept for a reason!!! your write up gave me the details i just need.

once again im off to get one for the sake of approx $1000 the unit is completley transferable to your NEXT vehicle.

oh and for those that are wondering how tough the unit is... they guy that gave me the run down on the system wrote his GSX off on a roundabout and the box lived to tell the story.....

Comment

um&#39; i don&#39;t like it that much...
                            the GPS unit fitted in the bike will cost ~ 150 bucks (my teacher used to put them together and flog them off...) but the main reason is the lat/long arrrr
                            Pls tell me that this unit support MGA projections... not only lat/long (ie. east , north coords). There are many reasons on that (that&#39;s why MGA came out....) funny even GPS watches for round 1000 AU support Grids. so yeh one has to buy more maps
                            or....
                            get a conversion program from lat/long to MGA, thus u can use street directory, eg UBD...
                            (if u like a spread sheet for it, pls pm)
                            So yeh, if they don&#39;t upgrate their system&#39; i&#39;m not buyin one...
                            oh, and if u gave me that bike, 100% u&#39;ll never find it again...
                            p.s.
                            Um... i use GPS/ maps for living (u can try entretaining me by checking my knowledge....)
                            but wouldn&#39;t mind that 9 mm

Comment

/\/\/\/\/\/\
                              So what would you recomend to help you find your stolen bike and how would you disapear a stolen bike in approx 17 mins if you had no idea there was a tracking system on board?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X