where to find circlips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to find circlips?

so i kicked my kick starter a little too hard one time and my kick fell off :? i can't find the circlip that keeps the kick where it should be; and the dealer says i can't buy that individual part. Anybody know where I can find circlips?

Wrecker's yard??

Call around a few more places they should have an idea of where to get em or what you can use instead.

Ian at Biker's Courner seems to be up on RGV's.

Comment

sweetman fasteners

Comment

try Supercheap, Coventrys or just ask around at any car workshop they usually have a tray with 100's of various sized circlips.

In the meantime you could try locking it on with some small copper wire but becarefull you don't loose it when your going.

Comment

Yeah Coventry's or Repco, but try Cov's first, they seem to be the only auto parts chain around now that properly cater for the backyard mechanic :roll:

Comment

problem solved, went to coventry's and they said they didn't have the correct size but could have one made. but rather than waiting for a circlip to be made i just went to repco and bought a random assorment of various sized circlips, luckily one of them did the job. unfortunately i didn't end up with a 20c solution but hey i'm not complaining for $7

thanks for all the advice.

edit: oh, supercheap only sold plastic circlips

Comment

:roll:
              fyi: sweetmans have a warehouse full of that stuff..

Comment

Working...
              X