Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 04 R6 Headlights.......crapola

Yo,

The most stupidest design flaw they could have done to the 04 R6 (03 I think too & many other brand's of bike's) was to make it so that only 1 side lights up for normal riding lights and then u click ur high beam and the other side comes on. I get sick and tired of pplz yelling out the window of cage's saying you have only 1 light working!!!!!!!!!! or flicking their lights at you when you passs them or even on coming traffic doing the same.........im like arghhhhhh for the 10millionth time. Had 2 guys yell out at me while parking my bike on the way to work today which is the reason it sparked me to post and find out.

Anyway, just curious if anyone in perth has modyfied them so you can have both sides working for normal lights and click onto high beam from there. This issue has been raised in a R6-forum that im a member of and some have managed to mod it so you can do that. I would never try it myself and wondering if there is anyone around perth here that could/would/has done it.

cheers
    Dazza

Yeah I have that same problem with the 600rr. Dealers can do or an auto sparky. I have been told that it can be done but not recommended. With all the shit in these modern bikes I am not gonna ticker with its ticker.
    1, Always look good
    2, Always know what you're doing
    3, In failure of step 2 refer to step one

Comment

With all the shit in these modern bikes I am not gonna ticker with its ticker.
      true that is.......and I guess if it was modied it would/could void my warrenty or something bad like that

just rang causeway yamaha and they told me to ring a mob in ossy park which just do electrics on motobikes. I spoke to some guy with a really bad italian accent and he had NO IDEA what I was talking about. Would have got more sense out of a brick wall I think.

Kept saying you have electrical problem if only 1 globe work....im like trying to explain to him that is the way it was designed and can it be changed.....he like no no you have globe blowen then if only 1 side work..... :shock:....went on for about 10mins trying to explain it to him so I gave up and said I would come by one time.

cheers

Comment

Just short out the pass switch.
        Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

Comment

**scratchs head**......of course!................okay im done with my sarcasm now

Comment

I think the idea is that one light aims lower down at the road (so it doesn't blind oncoming semi's who then run into you) and the hi-beam light is aimed more straight ahead so you get a broader view.

The same thing happens on my f4i, doesn't bug me really.

Comment

I think the idea is that one light aims lower down at the road (so it doesn't blind oncoming semi's who then run into you) and the hi-beam light is aimed more straight ahead so you get a broader view.

The same thing happens on my f4i, doesn't bug me really.
              yea I kinda understood that......but from what I can see there are 2 globes on the left hand side and 2 on the right. Right now with the way yamaha designed it the 2 globes on the right light up on normal beam and the 2 on the left light up as high beam when you flick the switch.

Was kinda hoping you could make 1 globe on the left and 1 on the right light up for normal beam then you flick the high beam and the other 2 hence on the left and right light up...basically to even it out so it dosn't look "lop sided" & look like you have a glob blowen

i dunno maybe it's just all too complicated :shock:

cheers

Comment

try http://www.r6messagenet.com/forums/showthr...ead.php?t=14295
                hope its a start
                "Did you ever blow bubbles as a kid? Well he's back in town and wants your number"

Comment

You could look at getting some brighter bulbs for the headlights, they certainly make a big difference if you dont feel like performing surgery on her.

Comment

I have spoken to people at length about this... and several of us came to the final conclusion:

Its a safety thing... at night time... from a medium distance a motorcycle with two headlights (being so close together) looks like a car at a very far distance. Therefore there is potential for a cage (or bike) to pull out in front of you because they misjudge your distance. A single headlight plays less havoc with depth perception.

Annoying yes... but in a way I can see what they were thinking when they designed them.
                    If you can... you MUST!

Comment

Bing!

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

You could look at getting some brighter bulbs for the headlights, they certainly make a big difference if you dont feel like performing surgery on her.
                        I have to say I sometimes think the light that the 04 R6 gives out isn't enough sometimes on those dark dark roads....kinda can't see the "bad" things like pot holes etc until your right on top of them

Its a safety thing... at night time... from a medium distance a motorcycle with two headlights (being so close together) looks like a car at a very far distance. Therefore there is potential for a cage (or bike) to pull out in front of you because they misjudge your distance. A single headlight plays less havoc with depth perception.

Annoying yes... but in a way I can see what they were thinking when they designed them.
                        I can understand that reasoning for sure......still makes me think it was a "cost saving" exercise in only lighting up one side as the 01/02 R6's & R1's all have globes lighting up on both sides.

I think it's all too hard to change and I may just leave it like it is ......don't want to tinker with it's ticker like Ace said.

Thanks for the post's on the subject

Cheers

Comment

Where the Oggie Knobs bolt into her hang a set of Rallye 4000's

Comment

I have the same prob on my ZX-636R 04 only one light works dont like the look makes it look like its blown!!
                            have to live with it :cry:

Brendan
                            Your Life Expectancy Is Directly Related To Your Right Wrist!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X