What the hell are all these bits???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the hell are all these bits???

I posted a message in another forum about a bike for sale and got the following info about bits that it bits and mods that it had and have no idea what half the stuff is so thought I would post them here and hopefully gain a bit of knowledge along the way.

Ok so I know the obvious things: akrapovic pipe, braided lines etc... but some of the stuff like: suzuki derestrictor, iridium plugs, barnett clutch basket etc... I either have no idea what the hell it does or what the hell it is supposed to do! Any info anyone could give me on these would be appreciated.

"the bike has the obvious things you can see like braided lines.double bubble screen.it had a akropovic pipe on it not the full system that i thought.bmc filter.barnett clutch basket.goodridge clutchs,suzuki timing andvancer +4. degrees,gear indicator,irridium plugs,yoshi engine cases,carbone lorraine pads,suzuki deristricor,talon sprockets(gold),front fork internals..95 race tech springs.the button was to switch something on &off,i think the deristrictor.if the bike hasnt got the goods on it,i would say its out the back.tell them your mate new the owner,thats how you know.if you can get it for $11000 with the pipe etc,then its worth it.and its not a ex race bike,just well looked after.he did ride it how its was meant to be ridden though "

Cheers

Woodster

Re: What the hell are all these bits???

but some of the stuff like: suzuki derestrictor, iridium plugs, barnett clutch basket etc... I either have no idea what the hell it does or what the hell it is supposed to do! Any info anyone could give me on these would be appreciated.
    The derestrictor is probably for the "speed-limitation". You will find that Aussie complianced bikes are speed restricted, and this removes that restriction.

Iridium plugs... most newer bikes these days come standard with iridium plugs, they last a hell of a lot longer than standard plugs, and some may argue that they give better performance. They are fairly expensive, anywhere from $20-$30 per plug.

Barnett clutch basket, never had one myself... but I believe its another performance part. Most of these performance parts either make you go faster or make the parts last longer.

Hope this helps!
    If you can... you MUST!

Comment

Working...
    X