Turbo for a 2003 Suzuki GSXR 600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo for a 2003 Suzuki GSXR 600

My partner is wanting to turbo his 2003 Suzuki GSXR 600 and short of going to S & R Pro in Sydney there doesn't seem to be many options in Perth.

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on who to talk to in Perth to get it done?

Thanks everyone

Whats your budget?

Pesonally just upgrade to the 1000, you wont get much power out of the 600
    My Turbo Build

Thanks to Sponsors:
    Motorcycle Panel & Paint
    Q-Zar Fremantle
    Rated-R Parts
    PerthStreetBikes.com and it's generous members
    Carlisle Printing - Deals for PSB members
    CIC - Competition & Industrial Coatings
    Carpet Liquidators - Midland

Comment

Id have a chat to SAF, he's the man in the know. A good budget for a turbs conversion would be about 8 - 10 grand.

Comment

newer 1000s probably weigh as much as his 600 anyway, and have better brakes/suspension/blah.

Comment

Yeah, cheaper to buy a 1000cc.
          Click here to see my Ducati 999R in the PSB garage... You'll love it!

Don't click here to see my ZX9R aka The Ginger Ninja... there's no link!

Comment

Had a mate look at going down this path on a K1 6. S&R pro turned out to be less than helpful. He sourced a turbo through a mate for around $800.00 IIRC and was looking at somewhere to get a custom manifold made. All got too hard in the end. He's blinging the 6 now and buying a k8 'busa instead.

Im sure it could be done if he's realy got his heart set on it but theres better options out there.
            In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
            Its the little things that make the difference
            Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
            If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

He's only just brought his GSXR 600 and has decided to tubo it as its unique and I don't think he would be happy upgrading

Comment

Well what he wants to buy a turbo from overseas and get someone to put it on for him.

I'm not too keen in taking the bike all the way over to Penrith just to get it turboed

Comment

If his budget is limited go with one from the US and then spend good money on tuning.

if he wants the job done right then send a PM to Foofie Foofie

My Turbo Build

Thanks to Sponsors:
                  Motorcycle Panel & Paint
                  Q-Zar Fremantle
                  Rated-R Parts

Comment

Hmmm he's on the phone again (for like the 10th time today) and it seems that he's been told he would be better off supercharging it

Sometimes I can't keep up with all the bike stuff

I'd love to be able to give him a voucher for Christmas to get it done somewhere but it appears to not be so easy

Comment

He's only just brought his GSXR 600 and has decided to tubo it as its unique and I don't think he would be happy upgrading[/b]
                      Thing is though, a 600cc bike has less exhaust flow, which is what's needed to make a turbo more productive. It can be done, and it will generate gains, but it would be less worthwhile and very expensive for what you'd get, and you'd probably still be not much faster than any out of the factory 1000.

The other thing to think about is no matter what bike you collect or have a heartfelt affection for, bikes are consumables. They're good for x amount of kilometers, and then they're pretty much more hassle than they're worth. Some bikes more/less so than others, but at the end of the day, he's going to spend all that money, get limited gains, reduce the life of his bike, ride it a bit, and then it'll be clapped out and he'll need to try and sell a gsxr 600 with extensive engine wear.

IMO he should spend his money on better gear/rider training/simple mods like gearing etc, until he's ready to upgrade.

Comment

Whats your budget?
                        My Turbo Build

Thanks to Sponsors:
                        Motorcycle Panel & Paint
                        Q-Zar Fremantle
                        Rated-R Parts

Comment

Hope you've got a spare $8k-$10k kicking around for chrissy pressies
                          In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
                          Its the little things that make the difference
                          Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
                          If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Unfortunetly, theres allot more to it then just buying it and putting it on. When you start looking at turbing NA engines you need to also price things like, turbs, manifold, forged internals, ecu, highflow fuel system. Then you need to be able to put it all together and get a reliable tune. Not to mention the fact that you need to sort compression ratios, prob do some port work, get tons of custom stuff fabbed up... Ive just scratched the surface..

Oh and you need to budget for a new rear tyre every couple of thousan kays

Some things you would need

Comment

He's only just brought his GSXR 600 and has decided to tubo it as its unique and I don't think he would be happy upgrading[/b]
                              What is it? Im guessing its a ltd ed colour scheme or something?

Chat to Foofie Foofie/Saf (same bloke, name changes every so often)

Comment

Working...
                              X