How Nice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Nice

So I am looking for parts for a new mod for my bike and a guy in the US does this regularly and the convo went as follows and I just wanted to say how nice some ppl are
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hey Pusher, Dubs here.

I am wanting to do the clear clutch mod to my '04 Busa and was wanting some info/guidance if you can.

No-one I know has anything like this mod so I want to give it a go.

Living in Western Australia we don't have access to a lot of the parts that some of you US guys do, and i was wondering if you could point me in the right direction with possible part numbers etc to being able to create something similar to this one..
    have a black engine and just want something very simple, but I even need to find the rubber stripping to go on the cut fairing.

I understand you are very busy, so a reply when you can, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time,

Dubs

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    its easy to do if you want to do this yourself

get a 4 /14 hole saw, tube of high temp silicone.
    12 socket cap bolts size 6 or 8 or 10
    about 3/4 inch long each..12 nylon lock washers
    12 o rings, i think there the 36 size

some lexan from any glass shop.

i have a write up on here somewhere and some pics with the how too .
    there is another busa brother there that builds these, his is a bit more in cost, but much much nicer. with him living in australia the cost should be cheaper for you.

now the one i do is cheaper, but it works as good as anything out there.

if your intrested in doing this yourself let me know and i will give you the details on it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks Joseph, I have read your walk through many times and it does seem reasonably straight forward enough for me to give it a go myself.
    If those are the parts i need I will try and source them this week, if there is anything else or particular sizings/length things i might need i would be grateful to know.

thanks

Dubs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

send me your address,ill send you a pre cut lexan glass.
    theres no need in you buying a full sheet to do this.
    it might take a week to get there.

im going to do another cover this weekend, ill do some better pics for you.....the best thing to do is mount the cover down to a small 1 by 1 foot plywood, and put a block under the low side to level it out.

clamp that to your drill press after you find dead center.
    then drill and cut
    or you can use a rotozip with its radius cutter.
    go slow on the hole saw, real real slow
    if you mis cut it and get out of round its not a big problem. you can level it back out with a dremel tool.

the rings i use, i get from a machine shop, there not too high, around 35 bucks here. if you make any mistakes cutting the ring covers it up..
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Than ks Joseph that would be super

*Dubs address listed here*

if you could, would you put in the nuts/bolts/screws etc that i would need - if it isnt much trouble.

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOUR PAYPAL OR BANK DETAILS ARE AND THE FULL COST OF EVERYTHING THAT I MIGHT OWE YOU

many thanks

Dubs
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    no charge. i will get everthing together for you

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dude, thats not really fair on you, I like to do things for other ppl too but you have to let me pay for the items and your time - its only fair - YOU ARE DOING ME THE FAVOUR BY HELPING IN THE FIRST PLACE

please

Dubs

----------------------------------------------------------------
    no, i will not take any money.
    its something i have plenty of , and get more each day.
    my profit ratio on the mods i have done is off the board.
    thanks to my GOD in heaven...

the lexan and bolts were paid for along time ago by another rider

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a nice guy I'd let you know about

Dubs

Restoring faith in human kind. Nice to see there's still some good people out there.

Now when you get it................ PICSORBAN
    Turfierific!

Comment

what a champ

don't you love people like that who have no idea who you are, but because they are a genuine soul, they go out of their way to help people over a 1000ks away..

I'm also interested to see how the mod goes dubs, post up once complete?

Comment

hmmm so this can be done yourself?

might have to look into doing it always love the look of clear covers
        Every one has a story.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

Comment

Very nice to see

I looked at the clear cover on the busa and went "want", then realised that in order to see said cover you have to cut a great wodging hole out of the fairing that sits over the cover

One day if I chuck a BigTim or Semi then decide to fighter it, I shall do the clutch mod
          "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/us2tHGyzC4w"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/us2tHGyzC4w" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

should finish like this

Dubs

Comment

That&#39;s a good story Dubs. While a lot of the Septics make it easy for us to take the piss, I&#39;ve got to say that the ones that I come across on the Bandit forums couldn&#39;t do enough to help you, as you have obviously found on the Busa forums.

Comment

Champion. Good on you for posting it up Dubs.

Stu
                Spiral out, keep going...

Comment

Really Good to see.

The Yank Haters will start up soon though
                  I am the old bloke on the black and yellow cbr1krr

Comment

should finish like this

Dubs[/b]
                    what a lovely bike!
                    the universe is hostile

Comment

good to see there is some decent people left in the world

did you see how much bling and $$$ on that Busa the frame is it chromed or just highly polished

Comment

good to hear that nice ppl still exist

Comment

absolutly amazing how kind and generous some ppl still

good work mate who ever you are
                          TIP: if you get pulled over by a young copper let him play with your bike, its amazing what you can get away with

Comment

That&#39;ll look hot!
                            God Bless America
                            * I take no responsibility for my posts! The lil man in my head makes me type it... ^_^

Comment

This is probably the karma from your pay it forward thread Dubs.
                              Well done.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X