bleeding braided brake lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bleeding braided brake lines

Am going to fit braided brake lines on the front of my bike, was wondering if there was some sort of procedure as to when u bleed up the lines,ie start with the left line before the right or does it matter..........
    sigpic

Get a vacuum bleeder so you can suck the fluid through as opposed to trying to force it through with the master cylinder.
    Other than that, the job is very straight forward.

Comment

I have to fit some new pads to the R1 and run some new fluid in the fronts .. either this weekend or next .. havent decided yet.

If ya want I can show ya how its done .. and help ya fit the lines up. Im SoR.
      Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

another way if you can't get access to a vacuum bleeder is to put a elastic band round the front lever so it is applied, and crack the bleed nipples on both calipers, gravity will pull the fluid through, but be patient, as it will take a few hours and you have to keep checking the resevoir to make sure it never runs out of fluid, or you'll have air in there.

Or just ask to borrow a vacuum bleeder and I'll lend ya one lol
        Designed by a Genius.
        Built by Craftsmen.
        Ridden by a TWAT!

Comment

.. or use speed bleeder nipples with spring loaded ball bearing doin da work
          .. and thats Racer # 193 to y'all; my fabulous sponsors (who all do good shit) are: Graeme Fleming IT Consultants, Vision Image, Pacific Safety Wear, Excess Power Equipment, Pro Photo Booth

.. and according to Sean'o: 'get the Kwaka (never thought i would say that!)'

Comment

I'm in the same boat (wanting to fit my braided lines) - any idea where's a good place to buy the bleeding equip required?

I have by doubts about supershit or repco having the gear required for bikes (ie, spring loaded ball bearing bleed thingo), and i really don't like giving them $$ anyway, as their stuff for sale is generally crap...

“Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

All you need is an 8m open ender (or whatever size your bleed nipple is), a jar and some tube that fits over the bleed nipple.

Comment

^^ Yeah, but what about that ball bearing thingo? Would rather have one of those too if i can locate one, as doing it with 1 person = tricky otherwise Not impossible of course, but if its too much effort i won't end up doing it

edit: or a vacuum bleeder...
                “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

All you need is an 8m open ender (or whatever size your bleed nipple is), a jar and some tube that fits over the bleed nipple.[/b]
                  Nah mate, seriously, it won't work. You need a vac bleeder.

Comment

speed bleed nipples

I was thinking of getting some, but decided not to.
                    "No machine has a soul until a man shares his own with it."

Comment

Go to SupaCrap auto and buy one of those plastic syringes used for mixing 2 stroke. Attach a piece of rubber hose to the end of the syringe, and the other end to the bleeding nipple. Open the nipple, and you can use the syringe to draw out air bubbles that are stuck around the banjo bolts etc. This will remove a lot of the air in the lines, and after that you can just bleed them as normal to get the rest out. I had the same problem when I fitted braided lines but doing it this way has worked great for me. Here's a thread I posted about it a while back:

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/inde...amp;hl=bleeding

Comment

Go to SupaCrap auto and buy one of those plastic syringes used for mixing 2 stroke. Attach a piece of rubber hose to the end of the syringe, and the other end to the bleeding nipple. Open the nipple, and you can use the syringe to draw out air bubbles that are stuck around the banjo bolts etc. This will remove a lot of the air in the lines, and after that you can just bleed them as normal to get the rest out. I had the same problem when I fitted braided lines but doing it this way has worked great for me. Here's a thread I posted about it a while back:

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/inde...amp;hl=bleeding[/b]
                        Thanks 4 the advice dude iam off 2 SupaCrap auto tomowwo.............
                        sigpic

Comment

I have to fit some new pads to the R1 and run some new fluid in the fronts .. either this weekend or next .. havent decided yet.

If ya want I can show ya how its done .. and help ya fit the lines up. Im SoR.[/b]
                          thanks 4 the offer Hewie but unfortunately i work most weekends too pay 4 my habit,what pads are u fitting as i was told the original yamaha pads work the best.....
                          sigpic

Comment

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lee @ Oct 5 2007, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
                            All you need is an 8m open ender (or whatever size your bleed nipple is), a jar and some tube that fits over the bleed nipple.[/b]
                            Nah mate, seriously, it won&#39;t work. You need a vac bleeder.
                            [/b][/quote]
                            Bullshit, its worked for most people for years, a vac bleeder or syringe makes things faster but can be easliy done with clear plastic tube a jar and an 8mm ring spanner

Comment

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Scoundrel @ Oct 5 2007, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
                              Go to SupaCrap auto and buy one of those plastic syringes used for mixing 2 stroke. Attach a piece of rubber hose to the end of the syringe, and the other end to the bleeding nipple. Open the nipple, and you can use the syringe to draw out air bubbles that are stuck around the banjo bolts etc. This will remove a lot of the air in the lines, and after that you can just bleed them as normal to get the rest out. I had the same problem when I fitted braided lines but doing it this way has worked great for me. Here&#39;s a thread I posted about it a while back:

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/inde...amp;hl=bleeding[/b]
                              Thanks 4 the advice dude iam off 2 SupaCrap auto tomowwo.............
                              [/b][/quote]

If you are going the syringe route its better to draw most of the fluid out the master cylinder then force it in through the bleeders reverse bleeding. Just keep an eye on the resivior that you don&#39;t end up pushing brake fluid everywhere.
                              Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Working...
                              X