clutch dramas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch dramas

My clutch seems to not be 'fully' engaging as it used to.

Put it this way - hypothetically

Hypothetically I used to be able to clutch up a wheelie in 2nd and a reasonable amount of revs.. hypothetically today it was a lot harder and needed a lot more revs to get it up... hypothetically by the end of the dayi wasnt able to get it to clutch up AT ALL in second...

Now the bike still rides fine and i can power on reasonably hard and there's no slipping that I can notice..

Do I just need to adjust the clutch or have I probably fuct it with hypothetical abuse? (Also hypothetical rolling burnout practice)

Any honda fans got any ideas?

What happens when you clutch it up? Bog down or revs but doesnt lift?
    My Turbo Build

Thanks to Sponsors:
    Motorcycle Panel & Paint
    Q-Zar Fremantle
    Rated-R Parts
    PerthStreetBikes.com and it's generous members
    Carlisle Printing - Deals for PSB members
    CIC - Competition & Industrial Coatings
    Carpet Liquidators - Midland

Comment

it feels like it engages but doesnt have the same 'bite' or 'kick' that it used to.. i guess the clutch 'bogs' down where as it used to power up no prob yah..

Comment

it feels like it engages but doesnt have the same 'bite' or 'kick' that it used to.. i guess the clutch 'bogs' down where as it used to power up no prob yah..[/b]
        so its not slipping when your dropping the clutch to get it up?

edit* whats it like in 1st with the clutch in, stopped? Does the bike want to move much?
        If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

no it's not slipping - not in an 'increasing revs' kinda way neway... its hard to explain the feeling.

At one point i dropped it down and did a wheelie in first accidentally cos I thought I was in third - that's how it felt. (oh and that was a touch fun!)

Comment

no the bike isnt trying to creep forward with the clutch in.. its still disengaging fine - it always was a 'short' clutch though - takes maybe 1/4 of the lever depression to disengage fully

Comment

im no expert but if it feels like its sapping power, im thinking maybe warped steels? How hot was your bike getting? (mostly a guess BTW)
              If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

its quite probable that both bike and clutch were getting fairly warm. I was not treating her nicely today.

wtf is a warped steel? I know nussing about clutches

Comment

cltches have steel plates and fibre plates, that sit inside the clutch basket

it goes [s][f][s][f][s] etc
                  when you let the clutch out, the clutch springs push the steels and fibres together, and they grip and turn the shaft

Im not 100% on the exact mechanics of it, but If the steel parts get too hot they can warp, which im assuming would rob you of power- though now that i think about it, this would probably cause the bike to roll with the clutch in too

Comment

^^^ sounds about right with the plates !

can you not lift her by "blipping" the throttle ?
                    less hurtfull on the clutch !
                    In The PSB Garage http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...vehicle&id=114
                    The build/tidy thread http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...how-tos-56314/

Comment

not really no. I think what caused the damage was some very heavy handed and hamfisted rolling burnout attempts where I was riding the clutch too much and possible bogging the rear down and generally fucking shit up.

no1 i know has screwed a clutch in one day by clutchin wheelies up.

anyways might haveto get a clutch kit and just redo the bugger

Comment

not really no. I think what caused the damage was some very heavy handed and hamfisted rolling burnout attempts where I was riding the clutch too much and possible bogging the rear down and generally fucking shit up.

no1 i know has screwed a clutch in one day by clutchin wheelies up.

anyways might haveto get a clutch kit and just redo the bugger[/b]
                        looks like it. Id get it apart first, and check all the parts before ordering stuff in.

Comment

Before you get carried away might be worth adjustung the clutch cable if you have one. There should be1-2mm of freeplay at the leaver. If its Hydralic flush and bleed the system. It may well be the clutch but some simple very cheap maintnenace would be better than throwing bucks at a clutch that may or may not need replacing.
                          Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Can a hydraulic clutch boil the fluid and make an air bubble that doesn't let you fully de-clutch?
                            This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

Comment

i told you yesterday what you had done, and what needed to be replaced Davey...

Comment

Working...
                              X