Tyres - What is Hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyres - What is Hot

I am chasing a bit of feed back in relation to tyres.

My R1 is just about due for some new boots and am chasing suggestions of a good grip/good wear combination.

I ride my bike daily and have just ticked over 18,500k's.

The original tyres were pretty good, Michellen's from memory.

The second set was Bridgestone Battlax.

Any suggestions ?????

I am chasing a bit of feed back in relation to tyres.

My R1 is just about due for some new boots and am chasing suggestions of a good grip/good wear combination.

I ride my bike daily and have just ticked over 18,500k's.

The original tyres were pretty good, Michellen's from memory.

The second set was Bridgestone Battlax.

Any suggestions ?????

[/b]
    Oh, and yes I did have a look at the tyre thred down the list, but more confused than ever . . . . . .

Comment

Best bet is to choose what suits your main style of riding if ya go out for lots of scratch rides pick something super sticky if you "commute" pick something that will wear well !

Personal choice is Pirelli Diablo !
      I dont get great mileage from them but they stick and thats more important to me !
      In The PSB Garage http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...vehicle&id=114
      The build/tidy thread http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...how-tos-56314/

Comment

Pirelli Corsa III Dual Compound, harder in the centre, softer on the sides. Not great mileage but an excellent all round tyre, so good I use them as my 'wets' on my race bike.

On the 916 I got around 4k on the rear inc a few trackdays & the Nannup run in Jan 07. Front I replaced when at about 25-30% as it had started to scollop.

I don't care about mileage as for me good tyres are like an insurance policy, if they keep me rubber side down when I'm pushing it then thats all I ask.
        .. and thats Racer # 193 to y'all; my fabulous sponsors (who all do good shit) are: Graeme Fleming IT Consultants, Vision Image, Pacific Safety Wear, Excess Power Equipment, Pro Photo Booth

.. and according to Sean'o: 'get the Kwaka (never thought i would say that!)'

Comment

Go the Pilot Power 2CT's
          Unreal tyre, got em on my R1 and no complaints at all.

Comment

Well the Bridgestone Battlepoo is shit for weekend scratching or anything where you are going to be pushing it. Especially Tuning Sessions when the track is wet as I found out However for commuting duties they provide more than adequate grip and excellent wear. Can't remember how long the rear on my ZZR lasted but I got it replaced around 20,000klm for memory and the front only needs replacing now and that was replaced at 15-16,000klm (bike has done 30,000klm)

Probably not the best all-round tyre but as Raven said it depends what you're going to be doing...

Comment

I've got Continental Race Attack (street version) on my R1. I've only done a few hundred km's on them so I can't comment on mileage. They have excellent grip and are a great tyre, however the tread pattern is quite "slick" for a road tyre so I'd imagine they'd suck in the wet. I have however already done a track day on them, and they haven't worn a lot and performed very well.

I did have Pirelli Dragon and Diablo Corsas and I couldn't wait to get rid of them.

Again, as others have mentioned, pick the brands that make your tyre sizes and work out what suits you best, hypersport, sport, tour etc.
              Last edited by maya; 08-10-2007, 03:13 PM. Reason: Added the bit about the track day

Comment

I guess your first step would be to work out what life you want and what $ you're prepared to pay (or put another way - what you want to spend in terms of $/1000km on tyres) then work out the stickiest set in your budget
                “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

put a set of pilot road 2ct,s on me blade 3200klms still like brand new, 2000klms was atributed to 2 trips to perth from Gero and still not squaring off. awsome tyre. nuff said!

Comment

bit of help here.... the pilot power 2ct's are they a pilot power with softer edge and the pilot road 2ct's are a harder center with pilot power edges??

sound about right???
                    Last edited by pottz; 09-10-2007, 09:07 PM. Reason: didnt make sense
                    Voltron-Evo. https://www.facebook.com/?_rdr=p#!/voltronmotorcycles

Comment

Bridgestone diablo super attack 2CT powers FTW

Seriously Cruikey mate you've just opened a can of worms asking this question and quite frankly its been done to death on this forum.
                      Why don't you go see Peter at tyres for bikes and tell him what you sort of riding you do and I'm sure he will sort you out.

Comment

Originally posted by sucka View Post

Seriously Cruikey mate you've just opened a can of worms asking this question and quite frankly its been done to death on this forum.
                        Why don't you go see Peter at tyres for bikes and tell him what you sort of riding you do and I'm sure he will sort you out.
                        Yeah but will he tell him whats hot!
                        Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Originally posted by sucka View Post

Hey sucka, if you go to Tyres for Bikes, will they let you know much more than Pirelli, Dunlop or Michelin? Probably not considering when I rang them about Continental tyres a month ago, they didn't know what the hell I was on about. I ended up getting my tyres shipped from Queensland beacuse noone in Perth sold the ones I wanted.

I encourage people like Cruickey to ask "what's hot" because so many products are coming out every month and unless you constantly buy motorbike magazines, how else are we to know what's on the market?
                          Ok, nothing wrong with going to a tyre shop, but that should be ONE of the many places to look for information about what you want.

Just like I started a thread earlier in the year about rearsets, people mentioned brands I'd never heard of, mentioned what suited their needs and I went from there. Would I care if rearsets had been done to death a year ago? Things change!

As for his "can of worms", everyone is entitled to suggest tyres that suit them. Tyres are pretty fricken important so its good to know whats out there so you can do your own research.

Sorry Cruickey, had to get it out of my system. Good luck with choosing your tyres
                          Last edited by maya; 10-10-2007, 11:12 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Well I cant even seem get tyres for my FZR cause its 18"

Comment

I use Pirelli Dragon supercorsa pro's SC2 on front and SC3 on the back. They are awesome but i realy don't care about milage, The Pilots that come standard on the 07 R1's are good but i would won't them on the track. On the road they are fine but once you lay it over and load tem up they slide too easy.
                              the diablo III are triple compound and give excellent side grip and better milage, i have riden on them on a ZX10 pretty hard and they felt great but i haven't had them on an R1. As for the slick look, if the rubber is soft then it isn't that big and issue unless your riding through big puddles or a lake. Its the rubber that has to mold to the texture of the road, the groves only get excess water out.
                              Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Working...
                              X