R1 Sprocket Carrier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R1 Sprocket Carrier

Well... Distracted by Hewie's good looks I proceeded to fuck one of the studs on my sprocket carrier.

Now the service manual states these nuts should be at 100 Nm (72 Ft-lb) which is pretty f'ing decent so I'm not sure exactly why it broke...never the less... now fucked.

I was going to ask questions here but I called Yamaha instead.. Can buy the studs which are $4.95 each.. not too bad... to be expected to for a genuine part. Then I asked about the nuts... 6 x $15 I think ill try to find some after market ones....

Theres a little place place in willeton in the little alleyway directly behind bunnings from high road called searles (spelling??) fasteners. i got 5 stainless hex head fairing bolts from them and washers for $4. seemed to have every type of fasteners available. and cheap to.,
    Wes

Comment

Originally posted by likefry View Post
      Theres a little place place in willeton in the little alleyway directly behind bunnings from high road called searles (spelling??) fasteners. i got 5 stainless hex head fairing bolts from them and washers for $4. seemed to have every type of fasteners available. and cheap to.,
      Thanks mate, might be worth a look.

I just need to decide if I go black to match the sprocket or SS as an accent.

Decissions... Decissions...

Comment

Is your bike STILL in pieces? Christ nath, get on with it so we can all go for a ride!

Comment

Originally posted by likefry View Post
          this sounds about right, a little hard to find at first as it's in an alley, just off high road, but this shop has everything.

Comment

what year model R1 Nath? i probably have one.
            Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Its an 05, apparently they are the same as the R6..but not sure which model.

I've ordered the studs and I should be able to find some nuts so i think it will all be all ok, thanks for the offer.

Comment

grr... post monster..

Comment

Working...
                X