Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cant find race tryres for my FZR (18" rim)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant find race tryres for my FZR (18" rim)

I need tyres for my track day next week and I have just found out that it is damn near impossible to find track / multi purpose tyres for my FZR

Standard: 140/60/18 Rear, 110/70/17 Front

I can get a 160/60/18 for the rear but I dont think it wil fit.

Has anyone tried a 160 or have any other bright idea's

having a similar dilemma with my VFR400, i can say there are 150/60R18's in Dunlop GPR10-Alpha, and some of the less sticky bridgestones.
    I think 150 might not be too wide?

There is a couple of older threads around on this topic.
    "No machine has a soul until a man shares his own with it."

Comment

Originally posted by Mockery View Post
      having a similar dilemma with my VFR400, i can say there are 150/60R18's in Dunlop GPR10-Alpha, and some of the less sticky bridgestones.
      I think 150 might not be too wide?

There is a couple of older threads around on this topic.
      DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE THESE THREADS MIGHT BE
      Last edited by Ben S; 09-10-2007, 06:31 PM. Reason: SPELLING

Comment

Okay, I found it... not exactly the same size as yours, but discusses 18" rims.

Here
        Last edited by Mockery; 09-10-2007, 06:44 PM. Reason: wtf linking code...
        "No machine has a soul until a man shares his own with it."

Comment

Pirelli make the Supercorsa Pro in 110/70/17 Front but don't do 18" tyres in this range.

It looks like Avon are the only ones to make anyhting even close size wise in an 18" (150/70*18, AM23) which will fit on wheels from 3.5" to 4.5" which is the same range as the stocker; see Total Motorcycle Tire/Tyre Guide - Avon AM22 and 23 Track Formula don't know if they're available in Oz tho.

A 160/60 needs a minimum of 4" rim.

Looks like the Dunlop GPRA10's Mockery alluded to are the only ones that are gonna give you a matched set & will most likely be available in Oz.
          .. and thats Racer # 193 to y'all; my fabulous sponsors (who all do good shit) are: Graeme Fleming IT Consultants, Vision Image, Pacific Safety Wear, Excess Power Equipment, Pro Photo Booth

.. and according to Sean'o: 'get the Kwaka (never thought i would say that!)'

Comment

Avon's aren't a bad tyre, and they're distributed in Australia.

Pal and Panther/Motorcycle Pitstop can get them.

I've scraped the feeler peg on the VFR with their sports-touring tyre.

Comment

Working...
            X