More polishing....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More polishing....

i know it's all been gone through before, but i'm curious as to how may ppls have polished and of their stuff. i just need all the info i can get. I'm already well on the way to having my swingarm and rims gleaming like chrome, but i still want any tips/tricks that ppl have learnt along the way.

I decided that i was never going to do it the long way with wet and dry, so i went out and got a sander polisher (had all the rest of the gear to begin with) I have done about half of the swing arm so far, and the wheels'll have to wait.

Anyways, gimme what you know. the guys that did it for you, tricks you used, how you keep it lookin pimpin etc. i'll post pics when i'm done. cheers

mate stop where you are and get it repowder coated......unless you want to spend more time polishing than riding!!!!

I AM DEADLY SERIOUS

i done one rim of my R1 and stopped at that! now every time i fancy a ride it takes ages to get it shiny again, more trouble than its worth...
    take my advice and enjoy your spare time and u wont have a sore back from all the bending over...
    YAMAHA AUSTRALIA - FUCKING CLOWNS

Comment

Totally agree with Daz. Polishing is nice bling bling... but its even more work to maintain!
      If you can... you MUST!

Comment

What they said looks good for a while but when it comes time to clean you whish you neva did it like the others above said its nice bling bling but lots of elbow grease.

"Nothing to see here move along"

Comment

Oh yeah......
          Don't I know it!!! 8)
          Gotto love the Chrome & Alloy
          Loud Pipes Save Lives

Comment

Wrap the wheels in a tarp at night with some cotton inside...
            Whoever is unjust, let him be unjust still

Whoever is righteous, let him be righteous still

Whoever is filthy... let him be filthy still

Comment

All comes down to self-motivation & dedication I guess. If you want nice shiney rims, swing-arm, etc. then you gotta keep on top of the cleaning. I try to, and I think the end result is worth it.......

If you do go with it, I recommend using a polish called "reflections" as it contains no fine grit which scratches the surface unlike other products on the market like "autosol".
              ...having dinner with KARMA tonight...

Comment

I had the wheels on my race bike polished then had a coat of clear sprayed over them. Stayed shiny and all you had to do to cleam em was use normal mag cleaner or whatever you normally use.
                Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

Comment

cheers for the help and support fellas :? especially you klink

anyways, the problem with clear coating is that it doesn't tent to want to bond too well. at the end of the year they'll come off, and i'll send them over to elecromold to get nickel plated, which requires heaps less maintainance. i was just after a few tips on the easiest way to polish stuff

Comment

nickel plating is damn expensive, and is apparently easily chipped by rough tyre changing and stones....which then requires stripping and replating...
                    No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

it's the polishing that makes it expensive, and since half of that will allready be done it will be considerably cheaper, i change my own tyres and electromold garuntee their work, so i'm confident that it'll work ok

Comment

it's the polishing that makes it expensive, and since half of that will allready be done it will be considerably cheaper, i change my own tyres and electromold garuntee their work, so i'm confident that it'll work ok
                        i looked into this a while back when they first started doing wheels.the wheels have to be polished better than the norm :? like mirror finish.the whole lot,inside everywhere.you dont get that when you get wheels polished.there will always be flaws.if this is not done he will charge you around $200 extra to get them right and he explained to me that its rare that he wil get a wheel delivered which is to his standards.so if your going to get them done make sure thay are polished like [email protected]#K!

OH! AND THERE IS NO GUARANTEE IF YOU POLISH THE WHEELS :twisted:

Comment

thats cool leroy, when they fuck up you can charge him another 500 to paint them black
                          YAMAHA AUSTRALIA - FUCKING CLOWNS

Comment

thats cool leroy, when they fuck up you can charge him another 500 to paint them black  

memories :roll: :roll: :roll:

Comment

Working...
                            X