Gotta get rid of that Can!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta get rid of that Can!

I'm in the throws replacing the standard silencer on my 07 cbr1ooorr with an after market version. Also, I have enough space on the rear fender to sell some advertising space and put a few posters up! So I'd love to shed a few kg's off the bike and tidy things up a little back there.
    Can anyone reccommend a can/fender eliminator combo to do the job?

If someone's done the same exercise I'd appreciate any input!

Cheers,
    Greggo

Give Paul Freear a call @ Howler Mufflers, a Perth manufacturer & a local racer; on PSB occassionally too I think ... 0422 844 624
    .. and thats Racer # 193 to y'all; my fabulous sponsors (who all do good shit) are: Graeme Fleming IT Consultants, Vision Image, Pacific Safety Wear, Excess Power Equipment, Pro Photo Booth

.. and according to Sean'o: 'get the Kwaka (never thought i would say that!)'

Comment

Two Brothers.

Comment

Sato
        I am the old bloke on the black and yellow cbr1krr

Comment

Holeshot
          Originally posted by Viper
          I'm probably fucking something up.
          FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
          Administrator

Comment

akrapovic

Comment

Originally posted by hokoyo View Post
              Sato
              G'day mate. U all booked in for Dec 30?

Comment

Originally posted by pieman View Post
                G'day mate. U all booked in for Dec 30?
                No unfortunately having an operation on my knee next month so will be out of action for a while
                I am the old bloke on the black and yellow cbr1krr

Comment

I grabbed a fender eliminator from Causeway which opens up a heap of room for the pipe so no worries re melting plastic when stuck at the lights (cost a bit too much but takes away the waiting when you order something similar from overseas).

I put on a Micron stainless slip-on which cost about $700 and has a very nice note. Only issues were removing the cabling for the valve on the standard can (removing wasn't a problem but the fact it causes the warning light to come on is when you don't know why the light is on) and the can can not be aligned perfectly straight. Maybe Micron have improved things now as it didn't seem that hard to add an extra inch to the inlet pipe to give enough room to align it better.

Comment

Thanks Mick.

I have had my eye on the Micron I must admit.
                    With the fender eliminator, does the number plate sit forward above the hugger or is it above the rear tyre ?
                    I know what you mean about the pipe not coming out straight. Some exhaust can manufactures haven't used enough bends in their design so that you end up with a pipe exiting a few degrees out! Not much but it's noticeable and annoying!

Comment

The eliminator I got from Causeway Honda has the plate above the tyre - I added the red reflector and LED lights so it's "legal" but have had some discussions on the side of the road about the angle of the plate.

As for alignment, check the attached pics as that is about as good as you can get a Micron.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0004.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	4854420

Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0005.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	4854421

Comment

Hey Greg,check out jardine

Was just looking at their twin outlet rt-1 for the 07 600rr yesterday.

For yours you can get single or double outlet and fender elimantor kit. Tucks up nice in the back end, looks hot.

Also got you-tube videos of before and after with sound

See what you think, hope it helps

JardineProducts.com
                        `Ride on Cam - No. 52` :aus-salute:

Comment

Yoshi - send a PM to NEVERL8 - he has one on his 07, sounds horn and looks great. Fender eliminator too, I think he got from The Honda Shop.

Comment

Originally posted by mystery View Post
                            Yoshi - send a PM to NEVERL8 - he has one on his 07, sounds horn and looks great. Fender eliminator too, I think he got from The Honda Shop.

yerp go the yoshi

Sorry no pics , i went with the carbon fibre pipe and fender elimantor,
                            honda shop did me good price to,:p

Comment

Originally posted by Karlos View Post
                              Hey Greg,check out jardine

Was just looking at their twin outlet rt-1 for the 07 600rr yesterday.

For yours you can get single or double outlet and fender elimantor kit. Tucks up nice in the back end, looks hot.

Also got you-tube videos of before and after with sound

See what you think, hope it helps

JardineProducts.com
                              Mate,

This one could be a real goer! Sounds like a MotoGp bike and Jardine claims a 5hp increase! Thanks for the link. I'm going to have another listen :-)

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                              X