Please refer me to a good motorbike electrician if possible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please refer me to a good motorbike electrician if possible

I have a 250RR and when I bought the bike my high beams were constantly on. When I switch it to normal lights, the lights turned off. (Similar to a on/off switch.) So I rewired the bike so I can have the low beams on and no high beams. Now that I have to take it to the pits, I need to fix this problem.

Could someone refer me to an electrician and whats the approximation on the cost of this repair. Even better if someone knows how to fix this and if possible tell me what to do would even be better.

BTW i live NOR/City Area

Thanks ALL

Umm.. Are all your fuses intact? :?

First thing I'd be checking...
    Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

Comment

If the fuse was blown, the lights wouldnt work at all.

Best bet is to get it checked out... the last thing you want is a dodgey job that ends up melting your wiring harness.
      If you can... you MUST!

Comment

The fuses are fine. I think its been incorrectly wired from the beginning, thus I need a electrician to open up the plastic crap around the switch to rewire the wires.

Comment

This guy is pretty good. Only done a minor job for me in the past, but knows his stuff.

Motorcycle Electrics & Auto Rewinds

Unit 13 66 Roberts St Osborne Park WA 6017
          ph: (08) 9242 2388 Motor Cycles, Parts & Accessories--Retail

Rob
          Increasing my carbon footprint - one 500 @ a time...

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post

Motorcycle Electrics & Auto Rewinds

Unit 13 66 Roberts St Osborne Park WA 6017
            ph: (08) 9242 2388 Motor Cycles, Parts & Accessories--Retail

Rob
            This is an old thread, but instead of starting a new one with the same topic I figured I might add some useful information here as Ive had a similar problem:

The osborne park motorcycle electrician seems to be out of business now.. (they werent picking up the phone?) and since Ive had an electrics problem on my ninja I've actually had a real hard time finding a motorcycle electrician in Perth. (The osborne park one was the only one appearing on google maps when typing in 'motorcycle electrician').

None of the mechs wanted to fix my problem (the guys a KTEC who are usually great told me I need to ask a motorcycle electrician and so did the guys at Moto Pro). The only mechs that agreed to look at my bike's electrical problem was the original dealer (causewaykawa). They had a booking period of several weeks tho, which was well and truly too long for driving around without indicators in my opinion...!

The only other two guys that I found out about was a guy in mundaring with the name of michael (which was way too far away for me) and Joel from Custom bike electrics which was recommended to me by the guys from Moto Pro. Hes in parkwood just off roe hwy. (hes got his own website). If anyone has a motorcycle electrics problem and struggles like me, I can honestly recommend this guy. Hes got his own little workshop, is superhonest and doesnt overcharge.

hope it will help anyone out there looking for a motorcycle electrician!
            Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head. [Warren Buffett]

Comment

PM me for electrical problems. I'll do it for beer money or I can give you advice on what to do.

Comment

KLO(Q?) in Maddington advertise Motorcycle services, just near the HD Wreckers, not used them but always seem busy with all kinda stuff
                .. and thats Racer # 193 to y'all; my fabulous sponsors (who all do good shit) are: Graeme Fleming IT Consultants, Vision Image, Pacific Safety Wear, Excess Power Equipment, Pro Photo Booth

.. and according to Sean'o: 'get the Kwaka (never thought i would say that!)'

Comment

Please refer me to a good motorbike electrician if possible

Pretty sure Roo Racing does electrical now, forum sponsor too?
                  I used to have a nice sig offering to shadow ppl. Now I have no sig...

Comment

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-144986/

Harley riding mates (reprobates lol) from a while back reckoned Phil from up the hills was the best bike sparky around, did a quick google to try n find him, found this year old thread!
                    Dunno if he is looking @ rice burners now or not... if not, a heads up for the hog riders
                    faster ya go closer to nirvana

Comment

I would strongly recommend AGAINST using Custom Bike Electrics.

I asked them to get a bike running - they replaced some narva plugs, cleaned the fuse holder, changed some bulbs (all at $110 per hour) and needlessly put in a fuse. That cost me $715 and the bike still did not run. Oh, and they put a large dent in the bike.

I would recommend using Schultz's - they are terrific and do bikes and cars.

Comment

I'd go along with Schultz's. I've only dealt with them with cars but they were fantastic.
                        -

Comment

Custom bike electrics are the best. I have taken my bikes there since they started and the work has always been top class and at a reasonable price. I have seen Russianmetals bike around the traps, with the dent in it that was there months before it went to Customs, I think someone is trying to scam. Anyway, don't listen to people that have no idea like Russianmetal as he has been shopping his piece of crap around for ages and everyone is telling him the same thing, he doesn't listen. Perth bike scene is a close community and we all look out for each other, we also hear about people trying to scam the good repairers out there. Joel and Richard do a great job and don't deserve these false and untrue reviews.
                          Take your bike to Customs and you will not be disappointed.

Comment

You are trying a little too hard, judging by your comments. I do not know you as far as I am aware, and I certainly would not attempt to make comments on your honesty or any other motivation.

Perhaps you could try some specifics. What I have been shopping around for months? Who has been telling me what? To whom do I not listen?

There is no 'scam', as the proprietor of the shop has claimed in defamatory comments elsewhere. I think he should repair the damage, yes, but I have made no specific claim.

I have however asked for a refund on the work he performed.

Comment

[MENTION=6669]Rich...[/MENTION] cleanup on PSB

Comment

Working...
                              X