Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are these tyres suitable?

n00b question for the gurus.

Considering a track day and just wondering about the suitability of my existing Pilot Roads for the day.

Cheers people
    In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
    Its the little things that make the difference
    Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
    If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Oh yeah...they look great Aphex...lotsa tread....plenty of chicken strips to run off.....yeah...nice pics mate
    Originally posted by Viper
    I'm probably fucking something up.
    FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
    Administrator

Comment

whatever you ride on the street with should be fine.(cant see pics??)
      Increasing my carbon footprint - one 500 @ a time...

Comment

Steve's taking the piss. there are no pics
        In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
        If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Thread fails to deliver
          Originally posted by Viper
          I'm probably fucking something up.
          FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
          Administrator

Comment

Pilot roads?
            Ok.....

Comment

I think :\

Comment

Michelin Pilot Road

They're what ive got at the moment.

Comment

a bloke at work has a beast the same as yours and he reckons those tyres are great. But, you can never have too much grip.
                  Originally posted by kyliejane
                  benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
                  Originally posted by harns
                  Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

Depends on the limits you are pushing Aphex. I have spoken with a dude who was easily faster than me using pilot roads (on a zx-6), but that might be something to do with his 10+ years riding experience (and my newbieness)

You got pilot roads front and rear? I doubt youd light up the rear on a zx-6 in the dry...

Comment

Yeah front and rear. I wont be breaking any records on the day thats for sure. Just want to give a track day a shot and possibly improve my riding somewhat.

Comment

so aphex, i'm assuming this is going to be on the mighty MT??
                        Last edited by kwakas; 15-10-2007, 11:18 AM. Reason: speeeling
                        Originally posted by kyliejane
                        benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
                        Originally posted by harns
                        Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

Yip....

Comment

I hated every minute with these tyres, found they caused the front end to tuck when they where only part worn.
                            And they are shit when pushing to the limit, so you should be fine....

Comment

The front end tucks every once in a while now which is a little disconcerting.

Powers or Power 2CT?

Comment

Working...
                              X