Race Glass for a 04 R1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race Glass for a 04 R1

Any know where I can scoop up some race glass for the R1 ??

(Chookie I have forgotten who you said yesterday)
    Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

you could probably cobble together some used (and abused) old sets from the boys at the track as most people seem to be running them. otherwise, danny abrey would do them (ph 9498 1717) as would racers edge (http://www.racersedge.com.au/). danny would be cheaper but RE higher quality

Comment

cheers dude .. ill have a look at wat they can do for me

Comment

the only place in perth that does the glass for the 04 R1 is mirage.i havnt got the number because i dont use them :shock: im sure you can figure out why,absolute crap :? you will get twice the quality from another company like racers den over east for the same price.i use racers edge because the quality is second to none but the price is around $1050 for the full set.sounds like alot but hey,the bike owes me around $26000 so the $1000 is f%$*l all.danny hasnt got a mould yet but is looking into it :?

i think mirage has them for around $800.

Comment

thanks leroy ...

for the extra 250 .. it would be worth it ..

Comment

racersden.com is another place in Aus. They supply to Nikon Yamaha team.
            I got my second set of fairings from them.. they do carbon fibre versions as well...don't think leroy like the quality of it though..

Comment

i would have to disagree with you gohan. i've been into mirage quite a bit lately (bought some seat units from him) and looking at some of his other work, it looks damn nice.
              i also know that theres quite a few people from over east who wait til they come here for rounds before buying fairings....

but each to thier own I guess
              (it's funny how sometimes one guy will have a really bad experience with a place, and then someone else could have a great one)

best idea would be to check them all out yourself, and then make a decision
              No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

i would have to disagree with you gohan. i've been into mirage quite a bit lately (bought some seat units from him) and looking at some of his other work, it looks damn nice.
                i also know that theres quite a few people from over east who wait til they come here for rounds before buying fairings....

but each to thier own I guess
                (it's funny how sometimes one guy will have a really bad experience with a place, and then someone else could have a great one)

best idea would be to check them all out yourself, and then make a decision
                MMMM :? i dont think you know what i do for a job,lifestyle

i repair bikes and i,ve had just about every brand of raceglass that i had to paint.MIRAGE is the worst i have seen and had to paint.i know you say people can check them out for themselves but im just making the decision easier for most who want to buy a set and dont know what to look for,quality wise.
                Oh well!i better get back to my dungeon :cry:

Comment

Oh well!i better get back to my dungeon
                  Yeah get back in your dungeon! LOL

sorry a little sick in the head two many cold a flu tablets but ya gotta luv it! :?

Comment

MMMM :? i dont think you know what i do for a job,lifestyle

i repair bikes and i,ve had just about every brand of raceglass that i had to paint.MIRAGE  is the worst i have seen and had to paint.i know you say people can check them out for themselves but im just making the decision easier for most who want to buy a set and dont know what to look for,quality wise.
                    Oh well!i better get back to my dungeon  :cry:
                    you are a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to that sort of thing though (which you need to be). the average chump doesn't necessarily notice the flaws that you do.

Comment

definately take gohan's advice on this one.... when i say "wow, that yellow looks good", he says "....there is actually three different yellows there, and it took 21 colour chips to match it and this here is slightly different in colour due to not having the seat cowl on for three thousand kays..."

bottom line - gohan know his shit..... period

Comment

lol. yeah i do know what you do for a living (i pm'd you about it once) just that i've seen some really nice stuff there (tho what i was looking at closely was a road kit...)
                        been in there a fair bit watching him work, as he's been helping me modify my seat unit to fit a pillion pad....

wasn't trying to discount your opinion there, just think it'd be worth people checking it out for themselves....
                        might pm you again soon about painting my bike...given up the idea of doing it myself! lol

Comment

lol. wasn't trying to discount your opinion there, just think it'd be worth people checking it out for themselves....

i didnt think you were mate
                          we will still be freinds

NOW BACK TO MY DUNGEON :cry:

Comment

your dungeon hey...was I mistaken as to your profession....are you really a dominatrix? lol jj mate

Comment

your dungeon hey...was I mistaken as to your profession....are you really a dominatrix? lol jj mate

hes MY bitch.... arnt ya Gohan..... ya like dat? *spank*

:shock:

Comment

Working...
                              X