954 nightmare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 954 nightmare

g'day all, i've got a problem..... lost my only key to the blade, the bike has h.i.s.s. and i now require a new e.c.u. ($2k) to start my bike....

will an american e.c.u. without h.i.s.s. plug into the aus spec harness?

the head tech a honda aus said he hadn't thought of this option and suspects that the only hassle will be a week arse map (i have a power commander) as long as it'll match the harness...

ideas?

We get our bikes from Japan, whilst America make theirs locally.
    Plugs should be the same though. If not some ingenuity with the harness should get things going...

Comment

Now, i dunno if you bought the bike new or not - but do you have the manual?

A real long shot, but maybe someone wrote the HISS key code in there?

Otherwise, bad luck dude - learn for next time hey? You can get keys coded so long as you do it before you lose the last one *and* the code number
      “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by Jonchilds View Post
        We get our bikes from Japan, whilst America make theirs locally.
        Plugs should be the same though. If not some ingenuity with the harness should get things going...
        just to shit people though, the plugs are the same, but the male and female ends of the plugs are reversed on the US harness..... just means that you will need to change all the plugs from yours onto the new harness.... should be a blast.....

Comment

is the key code under the fuel cap?
          Originally posted by Bendito
          If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

hi give this guy a call some bikes ecu can be decoded he is a locksmith Trever 0414 965 923 worth a call

let us know how you get on

Comment

This has gotta be the biggest arsehole scam by the bike companies. Every machine they build would have an "as built" spec. engine no. frame no. ignition etc, i dont see why they cant track a key if you can prove you are the owner.
              Sorry that didnt help much hope you solve it on the cheap, maybe a second hand setup from a wreckers?

Comment

They provide a spec for the key when you buy it - it's on the metal tag that the dealer tells you "DO NOT LOSE THIS"

I know this doesn't help you now, but its a clear case of "if you only have 1 key, get another cut/coded before you lose it".

I keep hassling my housemate jez to get his cut - last time he had to get a locksmith out, luckily his bike doesn't have ecu coding...
                “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

haha not good ...sorry..grin..

Comment

Working...
                  X