Eagle screens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagle screens

I'm looking at a huge screen for my ninja because of my freakish height. The wind hits me at about throat level with my double bubble.
    Are Eagle Screens a decent brand? They look nice.
    I'm just waiting to see if they can put a wind lip on an extended double bubble screen.
    im a holding, stroking, loving machine...also spanking

You might find the wind lip one is enough, have you visited their Eagle Screens Australia - Motorcycle Screens I have never had any trouble with my dealings with them, have always been top notch.

Migth pay to actually go there one day and talk to them about what you need.

Comment

Yeah I went to their website but I haven't visited their shop. They replied to my email promptly with photos of their products. I'm just waiting to see what they think about making a monster screen.
      I didn't actually look at their address. For some reason I had it in my mind that they were over east.

Comment

Pain in the arse to deal with and after being treated like shit, and have a nice thread to go with that here on PSB, i have found a few others that got the same pineapple.

Called up Two Wheel Wreckers, Mark had a chuckle and 2 days later had a new smoked screen over from the east coast for less.

Comment

was that the thread related to melting spots? the start of that thread contained only praise before the flaming.

Comment

Originally posted by Dyno View Post
            was that the thread related to melting spots? the start of that thread contained only praise before the flaming.
            No.

---paste---
            Hey guys, After a rude and short to the point conversation with Eagle screens, im wanting to find anyone but them to source aftermarket screens. Is there anything local ?

The story is, John gave me a 600RR screen he thought was for my bike, i have a 1000RR, and at the time he knew that because he sponsored Danny Abery, that was his bike.

He said no probs return it when i see him next.

Well since i havent been to the track at all this year, i havent seen him and being the location he is at im never out that way. Didnt give it any thought .... screens dont devalue, people probably now want 06 screens more than they did new as the stockers are getting scratched and so on.

He informs me its been a year, and too bad, he doesnt wanna know me for a mistake he made. Brilliant.

So i would like a spare screen when i go to the track on sunday, and would like one that is tinted, however not a Eagle. After sending about 12 of my mates down this path to Eagle alone, and running some stickers on my bike, advertised them to anyone who wanted on this very forum .... i again feel as though some local business needs to get the arse. Support the local business and they do that ???? . Fuck that.

So as a result, if anyone is keen i have a 600RR tinted screen here, lemme know.
            ---end---

Comment

I heard Eagle screens have a problem with crack (ing).

What is best in life? Troll the forums, see the threads derailed before you and hear the lamentations of the moderators.

Comment

oh...

Comment

Originally posted by CitizenD View Post
                  I heard Eagle screens have a problem with crack (ing).
                  mm I've never had an issue and have had the last couple on for nearly 2 years

Comment

Never had a problem with them myself, had a couple replacement screens over the years and they've been good solid stuff. John can be a bit abrupt but he's generally friendly and does try to take the time considering how busy he is.

And that post up there? If someone brought me back something a year after I agreed to swap, I think I would have said "nah, too late, sorry" - if the original poster couldn't be arsed getting the exchange done (and it _was_ offered) then it can't have been that important.

I'd recommend the boys happily.
                    "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Never used them ... tho they have helped us out with a few things before and they seem pretty reasonable

Personally I use Puig on my bikes ... They are a little more but I prefer them over just about everything else.
                      Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

i personally don't like the aftermarket screens, no one makes a screen that fits an R1 nicely except for Yamaha and they charge the earth moon and stars. So the only thing worth doing is tinting the original screen. I know this doesn't help your height issue but i thought i would add my $1.50.
                        Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Ive used them on a cbr929, daytona 675, cbr1000, cbr 600 track bike, thinner screen, never had a drama with the screens or with dealing with them, always been helpful and tried to make them up fast if ive needed one in a hurry that they didnt have in stock. will happily recommend them, just dont hang on to your screen for a year and then expect them to change it

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
                            And that post up there? If someone brought me back something a year after I agreed to swap, I think I would have said "nah, too late, sorry" - if the original poster couldn't be arsed getting the exchange done (and it _was_ offered) then it can't have been that important.
                            The original poster, is me.

The facts are, the wrong screen was sent when he knowns the exact bike.
                            I called that night and said "wrong screen", what i got in reply "no worries Saf, when i see you , i see you and we sort it"
                            Some couple months later i called "John you going to the track this weekend ?" ... " no, was going to but not, no hass, when i see you we sort it".

Now you would think at this point .... we know each other well enuf, and its relaxed.

Another fact is HOW many people buy a new 06 CBR and cant afford to bling it at all ?. How many run a stock screen till its scratched up ?. So its not like the screen is any less valuable in 12 months. Its in its own wrapping, as delivered. I KNOW for a fact that people after that 12 months go and look for replacement screens, and its not like the bike and all its parts are discontinued.

To get that in reply ?. Nah, bash that up yer arse, not supporting shit like that. Had he said "get it back to me, we swap it" , i would have done so within the week. Had i got the RIGHT screen and it was my choice to change colours, then perhaps i could see a point ... but shit he is probably so rich and busy nowadays he doesnt need to support local business, or the retail market.

Or maybe im just soft ... cause i would have swapped it.
                            Last edited by Foofie Foofie; 17-10-2007, 01:59 PM.

Comment

I can t comment on their business dealing only to say that he was more than happy to custom make a screen for my bike (as no-one does double bubbles).

But as for quality I had one on a gsxr that spent 4 years in the sun after the bike shit itself and the tinted screen was a little faded, but wasn't brittle and certainly didn't crack. Never had a problem with it lining up.

Other people have reported problems with lining up , but then again other people have reported the same of the more expensive brands as well.
                              You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

Working...
                              X