Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Alarm Help, plz

Ok ive got bike alarm in the mail and I need some help

The alarm has the standard bump siren, remote start, immobilise and car park finder function. The remote start n immobilise got me buggered. Presuming they get the keys but not the alarm remote, for a single point of immobilisation what's the best approach? I was thinking before the starter motor, but then they could just bump start it. What about fuel pump? Somewhere in the ignition or even bridge the kill switch points? It needs to be able to stop a bike from being started and stop a started bike. For the starting part I want to keep the current sensors enabled, i.e. won't start if in neutral. But I also been to be able to turn on the screen and let it do its pre start stuff.
    I'm totally confused...

Perhaps I should give up and seek professional help

Mr moose it is always a good idea to immobilise your ignition that way the bike cant be bump started i always put an additional relay in and do the starter wire aswell
    just to be safe.

Cheers rickyj

Comment

To make it even harder to hotwire, nail a couple of points. I'd suggest fuel pump and the power supply line to the ECM (will kill ignition, injectors, everything).

As far as remote start is concerned, you may find you need to defeat things like sidestand and clutch switches. Be careful, one day you'll leave it in gear and push the button :o
      "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Yeh I hear ya about the remote start in gear situation ( Infact if I remember, someone on psb did that exact thing and ended up with a clown shoes nomination). My bike wont start in gear unless the sidestand is up and the clutch is in, so I was hoping to keep thoes requirements. I think ive found the alarms wireing diagram, its not too bad.
        the wires i need are
        earth
        left indicator +
        Right indicator +
        Start button +
        Start button -
        DC ignition disable..?
        Acc +
        On +

the last 3 are bugging me, i mean i should be able to find the wires that give 12v comming off the ignition, but im not sure about the "DC ignition disable"

Comment

Acc/on will set up the monitoring of your electricals, IIRC. So if they don't trip anything else but try hotwire, the voltage drop will trigger the alarm. Also maybe driven by the alarm unit for remote start?

DC Ignition Disable will be the line which flicks your relay (you'll need to find one) which you then cut into the goodies.
          "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Ok this has become a much to do about nothing
            I've figured out all the wiring. I think

Earth
            2 Indicator +
            2 wires for immobilisation, just breaks the circuit
            Start button +

ACC 12v + (ignition barrel)
            On 12v + (ignition barrel)

Now the last two are a pain cause the kwakka doesnt have an acc wire, apparently I can just grab a wire that gets 12v+ when the ignition is on.

I also need to tap onto the wire that feeds 12+ from the battery into the ignition switch. (ie constaint power for the alarm)

so just running thru my head, when the system wants to remote start, i guess it will give 12v to the the acc circut, then 12v to the "on circut" , bridge the immobilisation wires, then give 12v+ to the start+ wire.

Does that seem right?

Comment

Barlese. Where's your manual?

Don't know whether the ACC and IGN lines are inputs (monitoring the bike) or bypass outputs (so the unit can power up the bike without a key).

If they're inputs only and you connect them to something expecting an output, no drama.

So connect 'em up "downstream" from the barrel and see how you get on.

Comment

He he i can see a blown alarm module in the near future . . . .

Cheers Rickyj

Comment

Ive just got a wireing diagram atm, will look for the manual. I dont actualy even have the allarm on my person yet so ive got no idea if anything more comprehansive will be in the box, somehow I doubt it
                  Last edited by Mr M00se; 17-10-2007, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Ok I found the manual for an almost identical model
                    http://www.wcc-tech.com/PDFs/LM_210_Manual.pdf

Comment

Doesn't make much sense to this little wood duck - wtf is the black/white wire you need to cut and what does the pink wire do?

At this point, if it were me, I'd be booking it in to get done by a shop.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
                        Doesn't make much sense to this little wood duck - wtf is the black/white wire you need to cut and what does the pink wire do?

At this point, if it were me, I'd be booking it in to get done by a shop.
                        Pink and the black white are the mob wires, ie cut wire to ecu, connect one end to pink, other end to black/white, all it does is break the circut.

Im realy want to wire this up myself now, at least as a learning experiance. Personaly theres nothing i hate more then paying someone to do something that I feel I can do, or could do with a little reserch and asking questions

Comment

Woot, with the help of some guys in the states ive got it sorted.

Everything pretty strait forward except for accessories. For acc I need to tap into 3 wires, one to the tail light, one to the main relay, and one going to the ecu (with a diode and 100ohm resistor wired in series). I'm using the ecu fuse wire for the immobiliser, grabbing the general earth wire and left n right indicator wires. Constaint power im grabbing of the ignition barrel. I think all the wires i need are under the seat bar one.

Good stuff =P

Comment

Working...
                          X