Exhaust volume!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust volume!

Is there any possible way to silence an exhaust slightly? The ZXR250 has a Ballistic exhast and is bloody loud ... sounds like a couple of hundred cats on heat strapped to the bike. I want something temporary just while I'm commuting ... that I could take off when I want to terrorise the neighbours.

Bah ... don't worry just saw the post about stuffing chook mesh down the pipe ... might give it a try and see how she goes ... worst that can happen is I accelerate too hard and it spits out and hits a cage :?

Comment

If anyone wants to know ... it didn't really work !!

Comment

what does work is a silencer in the end of the can.i had this on my R1 which i took out for more noise :roll:
        i could show you but you wil have to give it back as i might need it one day :shock:

Comment

i took something out of my cans that was a baffle type thing....
          wanna try it?
          might be about the right size
          No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

Might pay to have a look at the packing or sleeve might be time to replace chicken wire is only a temp fix. as the others above have said try and put the baffles back in if you havent got them.

Hope it helped

"Nothing to see here move along"

Comment

Turn the key all the way to the left.....whisper quiet.

Comment

I just sold the bike (time for an upgrade) so that will quieten it down a little!

Comment

Working...
                X