Old Gixxer 750 fork rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Gixxer 750 fork rebuild

My old 750 gixxer (original 1985 vintage) is in desperate need of a front suspension rebuild. Can anyone recommend someone to do the job. I will pull the complete front end off and replace the head bearings while I am at it.
    And then there's the brakes, front wheel bearings (groan!)....
    Thnaks for your time.....
    Young enough to be a hoon, old enough to know better.

I'll do the forks for you Christo you supply the oil, seals and I'll do it for $50. Or I can get the parts too but it will cost more.

MM

Comment

Althought they were good for their time, if you really want good handling put a Race Tech Gold Valve kit through it.

A fork brace wouldnt hurt those thin forks too.
      You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

Its not a difficult job, im in Ellenbrook if your close by we could change the seals in my workshop, look on ebay for new seals you should get them for $17
        I'm Living the dream. Really I am.

Comment

Cheers everyone, thanks for all your advice. How am I going to know which bits need replacing and which bits do not? It has already had two sets of seals in the last 5 years and they always leaked. I was even wondering whether the inner chrome tubes would need replacing? I am going to retire the old girl once these repairs are done as I am getting a newer bike so I just want a reasonable stock set-up.

Comment

unless the legs are pitted or rusted its probably only the seal that need replacing, but while you have the chrome tubes off give them a good rub with 2000 wet and dry to really clean them. Unless you want to spen $$$$$ on new forks i think this is your best option. How much are you selling the old girl for? I may be interested even without the repairs which i would do myself.
            Cheers
            I'm Living the dream. Really I am.

Comment

Thanks for that smokeymatt, but the old girl is definitely not for sale.

Comment

Working...
              X