Clutch basket tool for RGV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch basket tool for RGV

Im going to replace my gearbox myself,and remember how much of a root it was when I replaced the output shaft in my RM.It took me longer to get the basket off than it did to split the case and replace the shaft.

Does anyone have one of these tools I could HIRE FOR BOOZE.
    "YOU CAN TEACH A FAST RIDER TO STOP CRASHING,BUT YOU CANT TEACH A SLOW RIDER TOO RIDE FAST." Mick Doohan

To remove the clutch basket, all you need is a compressor and rattle gun.
    Comes straight off, no tool required.

Comment

Do it first before you take the chain/rear wheel/brakes off, but you probably already know that.
      I have the tool, but am way NOR unfortunately.
      Increasing my carbon footprint - one 500 @ a time...

Comment

You mite be able to pick a cheepie tool up from supercheep.

Comment

Originally posted by Desmogod View Post
          To remove the clutch basket, all you need is a compressor and rattle gun.
          Comes straight off, no tool required.
          ^^ WHS

clutch tools are for suckers:p
          Respect is earned, not enforced.

Comment

Seriously, no tool required.
            the rattle gun rips it straight off.

Comment

Not sure if it's any help but, I have one that i used to remove a clutch basket from a zzr. I'm assuming you don't have a compressor or a rattle gun - so feel free to borrow this contraption if you wish!

GL

Comment

you can also get 12V impact wrenches from 4x4 shops for about $50 which work quite well.
                still better off borrowing a rattle gun. you can borrom mine if you want, but im north of the river
                Respect is earned, not enforced.

Comment

Put a piece of aluminium between the primary drive gears and undo it !

Comment

Awsome,Ill just do it at work.my compressors rooted and my tools live at work anyway.

Cheers.

mumble mumble mumble somthing about second gear mumble groan....
                    "YOU CAN TEACH A FAST RIDER TO STOP CRASHING,BUT YOU CANT TEACH A SLOW RIDER TOO RIDE FAST." Mick Doohan

Comment

Who's doing your 2nd for you? Seriously, taken the 'box on the RGV out is pie.
                      Pull the clutch basket, remove the sprocket, undo the 5 or 6 retaining bolts and it just slides out.

Comment

Originally posted by Desmogod View Post
                        Who's doing your 2nd for you? Seriously, taken the 'box on the RGV out is pie.
                        Pull the clutch basket, remove the sprocket, undo the 5 or 6 retaining bolts and it just slides out.
                        I've got a compleet box to slot strait back in.

Comment

Originally posted by Marty MOOSE View Post
                          Put a piece of aluminium between the primary drive gears and undo it !

Ive done this myself but used a rag instead of aluminium, worked well.

Comment

I got a single steel clutch plate from the wreckers that matched mine and welded an old screwdriver to it. I works great and i have used it many times.
                            I'm Living the dream. Really I am.

Comment

droped the oil and removed the side cover at lunch. One gasket down,One box of wheeties put on the shopping list.

Tomorrow morning will tell the tale.

Comment

Working...
                              X