X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cbr250rr leaking fuel out roo pipe?!

Help! Ok story goes like this.

Bought the bike off Eukanuba, been flawless
    Only performance mod I've done, got Druu to put some 115 jets on, bike road fine for bout a month, then I went over east, my brother started it once a week while I was away for 2 month. I got back to Perth 3 days back, ridden it every day, almost ran out of fuel yesterday, other than that, parked it last night undercover, no worries.

This morning I came out there was a puddle of fuel underneath it...
    I had a look, its leaking out where the Roo pipe meets the exhaust manifold...
    shown in this pic at (A).

at (B ) you'll see the puddle, it smells like fuel, feels like fuel on the skin, cant see any water seperated, so Im fairly certain its just fuel.

I tried to start it... fuel can spraying out the exhaust tip and instead of dripping out it poured out...

from there I took the fuel tank off, airfilter off...
    Looking down the trumpets, one had fuel on it.... see (C)

I shined a torch down there, shook the bike could see something sloshing around... I think the whole engine is filled with fuel... I filled the tank yesterday, its lost quite a bit of fuel and I only did about 10ks after filling up...

Might be completely unrelated, but at (D) I can see a browny coloured liquid there, at first I thought it might be fuel as well because I noticed fuel on my fairings when I was taking them off...

I'm kinda mechanical, but I have no idea whats going on, I think the whole exhaust is literally submersed in fuel.

Help please brains trust
    Last edited by contempo; 24-10-2007, 12:42 PM.

Fuel tap leaking, float needle leaking, passing fuel into cylinder and into exhaust.
    That's my bet anyway.

Comment

^^^
      WHS

Also some fuel taps have a PRI (Prime) position where fuel flows all the time. Make sure its not at this position.
      You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

Spoke to a shop, I think they said the same...

I noticed fuel leaking out of the tap when I took the tank off, so lets say I replace that tap, how do I get the fuel out of the motor ?

Comment

I had a similar thing when one of the floats in the mito carb filled up with fuel. All I had to do was drill two holes in the plastic to get the fuel out and fill the holes n leak with superglue. Its been like that for about 2y now without a problem

Comment

Spoke to Prestige Honda, they said $203.60 for a fuel tap...
            I was told that the fuel would have mixed with oil and also wrecked the spark plug, so need to do an oil change, change spark plug, drain the fuel (not sure how, take off exhaust manifold ?!) and replace the tap and it should be fixed ?

Comment

Originally posted by contempo View Post
              Spoke to Prestige Honda, they said $203.60 for a fuel tap...
              I was told that the fuel would have mixed with oil and also wrecked the spark plug, so need to do an oil change, change spark plug, drain the fuel (not sure how, take off exhaust manifold ?!) and replace the tap and it should be fixed ?
              Probably be able to fix the tap.
              Oil will definitely be contaminated.
              Doubt it's "wrecked" the plugs.
              Remove plugs and crank the motor over, bridge your solenoid to do this or at least make sure you've got the plugs / leads out of the way or you're going to have a fire.

Comment

Ok gonna go take plug out now... buy some oil as well...
                how would I go about getting oil out of the lowest point on the exhaust, cos Im assuming thats filled with fuel if its overflowing into roo pipe ?

Comment

"Remove plugs and crank the motor over, bridge your solenoid to do this or at least make sure you've got the plugs / leads out of the way or you're going to have a fire."
                  ^^important^^
                  if you get the fuel out of the motor like this, just be sure to do this highlighted action.
                  fuel + spark = no eyebrows (best case scenario)
                  Last edited by Martin1; 24-10-2007, 01:51 PM. Reason: wrong quote

Comment

Meh, oil/fuel will just burn out of the pipe when riding normally over a couple days or so.

Fix the tap and fit a sparkplug to the end of your muffler for afterburner excitement?
                    "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Originally posted by contempo View Post
                      Ok gonna go take plug out now... buy some oil as well...
                      how would I go about getting oil out of the lowest point on the exhaust, cos Im assuming thats filled with fuel if its overflowing into roo pipe ?
                      When all previous points are addressed, reassemble, take bike out on driveway (pointing away from everything you don't want covered in fuel), start bike.

Comment

bugger

pull the old tap apart and have a go at fixing it.

sounds like your lucky you didnt bend the conrod when you cranked it
                        Respect is earned, not enforced.

Comment

Have you checked the fuel tap?

Comment

Put the bike in gear and push it up the street and back with the spark plugs removed . . . .with the kill switch off this will push all the fuel out of the cylinders and just start the bike with caution

Cheers Rickyj

Comment

Also item D is your water pump line so i would say check the hose for a leak . . . .

Cheers Rickyj

Comment

Working...
                              X